• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Steinheil fails...

WizeGuyDezignz

Android Expert
Apr 18, 2010
San Diego
Let me start off by saying that I have never tried a Steinheil. On the flip side, I never understood all the hype. I mean most plastic, static cling screen protectors are very similar. I have a plastic, static cling screen protector on my PSP which is made by a company called Hori. It's an excellent screen protector and you can't even tell it's on the screen.

Anyhow, Steinheil is failing by not keeping enough in stock. I have always been a rubber style screen protector guy like Phantom Skinz, etc. I got one from a brand called Skinomi this week because I had Amazon Gift Card credit. I am not too happy with it, so I'm going to try the static cling type.

Anyhow, I just ordered a pair from Clarivue for $11 and some change shipped to me door. I like that it comes with two. I heard they are excellent and I am giving them my business. Sorry Steinheil, you are dropping the ball.

I don't hold it against them that they underestimated the number of screens they needed. I hold it against them that they won't let me put my order in until they have more in stock. Wtf? Just let me put my order in and ship them to me when you get them produced. I don't want to have to keep checking their site. Jeeze.

Upvote 0
*shrugs* I use the Seidio screen guards. I think they do a fantastic job. I'm just looking for something to protect the screen. It does not matter to me the brand type.

No reason to shrug, almost all clear, plastic, static cling screen protectors are the same. Not much difference between the more well known companies like Clarivue, Steinheil, etc.

Upvote 0
Let me start off by saying that I have never tried a Steinheil. On the flip side, I never understood all the hype. I mean most plastic, static cling screen protectors are very similar. I have a plastic, static cling screen protector on my PSP which is made by a company called Hori. It's an excellent screen protector and you can't even tell it's on the screen.

Anyhow, Steinheil is failing by not keeping enough in stock. I have always been a rubber style screen protector guy like Phantom Skinz, etc. I got one from a brand called Skinomi this week because I had Amazon Gift Card credit. I am not too happy with it, so I'm going to try the static cling type.

Anyhow, I just ordered a pair from Clarivue for $11 and some change shipped to me door. I like that it comes with two. I heard they are excellent and I am giving them my business. Sorry Steinheil, you are dropping the ball.

What did you hate about the Skinomi? I just ordered one because I hate the ZAGG. Am I going to end up ordering yet another one?

Upvote 0
I ordered (2) of the Crystal protectors last night off E-bay from them. Today I got an e-mail informing me that they were out of them and would have them back in soon, whatever the heck that means? I told them if soon means a few days fine, if it's going to be weeks refund my money. I'm patient, but they shouldn't be taking orders for stock they don't currently have!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the helpful information Matt. We all appreciate your contribution.

Hey, does anyone know how the Clarivue screens are fingerprint/smudge wise?

I've used both the clear and anti-glare from Clarivue on my EnV Touch. The clear is crystal clear but found it scratches pretty easily and I just loved the anti-glare. Yes, there's a little bit of distortion but the "slickness" of the protector just feels great and is very scratch resistant. Oh, and yes, it does cover the entire screen. My anti-glare should be here this week.

Upvote 0
At least Clarivue has them in stock; ordered one clear and one mirror, free shipping, and 10% off!
Dont bother with Steinheil and their inability to ship...
Have used both brands before, and Clarivue is just as good as Steinheil, and THEY SHIP!!!

have you used the clear and the anti-glare before? i'm trying to decide which to get, the ultra clear or the anti-glare (going with clarivue since they are in stock). i heard that the anti-glare can make the resolution of the screen a little fuzzy...

Upvote 0
I have used the clear, but not the anti glare..All anti glare protectors will make the screen a little bit "fuzzy", but you can get used to it easily..
I happen to like mirror finishes for a change of pace, and they will darken the screen a bit as well, but definitely give your phone a different look!
To each his own, but, you will get used to anti glare easily..

Reactions: JulieJHawk
Upvote 0

Could you give some insights about Skinomi? Hows the quality on the screen? Is it clear?

Upvote 0
I contacted Clarivue support and they said the screen cover was a full protector for the entire front, and they had pictures of them on their facebook page. These pictures do indeed confirm they are full screen protectors, except for a gap below the joystick (the cutout runs from the top of the joystick all the way to the bottom. I can live with that.) Clarivue has won themselves a customer by showing that they actually want my business... I will be getting the ultra clear.

Upvote 0
What did you hate about the Skinomi? I just ordered one because I hate the ZAGG. Am I going to end up ordering yet another one?

I didn't really hate it, it was more user error than anything. I installed it and left the phone off per the instructions. I left the phone off overnight, so it was off for about 10 hours. They recommended 12-24 hours. So like an idiot I put my Verizon silicone cover back on and it lifted the corners of the screen protector.

It's currently still on fine but the corners are raised. Also the orange peel effect wasn't much better than Zagg in my opinion.

So while I know Phantom Skinz is good in the orange peel effect department, I just decided to go the static cling route and see how it works out. Like I said, I like the one on my PSP so this should be fine.

Reactions: Nolesfan
Upvote 0
I contacted Clarivue support and they said the screen cover was a full protector for the entire front, and they had pictures of them on their facebook page. These pictures do indeed confirm they are full screen protectors, except for a gap below the joystick (the cutout runs from the top of the joystick all the way to the bottom. I can live with that.) Clarivue has won themselves a customer by showing that they actually want my business... I will be getting the ultra clear.

I don't understand what you mean by gap below the joystick and the cutout runs from the top of the joystick all the way to the bottom. I thought there is just a hole cutout for the joystick. Am I mistaken?

Upvote 0
Could you give some insights about Skinomi? Hows the quality on the screen? Is it clear?

As far as clarity and the touch screen, it is excellent in both departments. It is super clear and the touch screen responiveness is great. As I said in a previous post, it does have orange peel effect however. I think it's about on par with Zagg, but maybe a little better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones