• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Steinheil has an X page up!

I had the AF on my Dinc for a week, then order the crystal... I already ordered a crystal for the DX. I prefer the crystal because it doesn't wash out the colors or clarity. In fact, you can't even tell that its on there. I can wipe off fingerprints. It's not that big of a deal.

Thanks for that reply. I was wondering if it was going to cause terrible quality. I have the Crystal ordered.

The best part is, I'm currently using the screen protector that comes on the phone originally. The phone details and such scratch off so it essentially becomes a normal screen protector till I receive the Steinheils!

Upvote 0
My Steinheil Anti-fingerprint protectors arrived today. Easy to install, but you have to be careful when separating the cover from the film. I didn't see any obvious directions included so winged it and ended up trying to position the disposable film on my screen, then wondering why it wasn't sticking. Turns out my actual film was laying on the table. Still, it was usable and I only ended up with a couple small specks under the film. We'll see how it looks after a couple days, I might swap it out later.

I can say with 99% certainty, I doubt I'll ever have a problem with smears or prints on this film and it isn't the least bit sticky to the touch. It has a very matte finish, probably more than it needs to since it's at the expense of clarity. If finger prints and smears is a greater priority to clarity, then this is the one for you.

Upvote 0
My Steinheil Anti-fingerprint protectors arrived today. Easy to install, but you have to be careful when separating the cover from the film. I didn't see any obvious directions included so winged it and ended up trying to position the disposable film on my screen, then wondering why it wasn't sticking. Turns out my actual film was laying on the table. Still, it was usable and I only ended up with a couple small specks under the film. We'll see how it looks after a couple days, I might swap it out later.

I can say with 99% certainty, I doubt I'll ever have a problem with smears or prints on this film and it isn't the least bit sticky to the touch. It has a very matte finish, probably more than it needs to since it's at the expense of clarity. If finger prints and smears is a greater priority to clarity, then this is the one for you.

where did you order yours from?

Upvote 0

Come back and let us know what you think after you've used it for a while. I'm interested in the anti-fingerprint, too.

Upvote 0
where did you order yours from?

SGPStore.com | iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4.0, iPhone 4 Case, iPod Case, Pouches, Protector Film, Camera, Laptop Skin, Metal Skin

Come back and let us know what you think after you've used it for a while. I'm interested in the anti-fingerprint, too.

It seems to decrease the contrast, but have yet to see a fingerprint or rainbow. There is no drag when running my fingers over the screen. It's also not easily removed after installing. I was trying to lift the edge to get a couple of specs out from under the screen and was trying to be careful to not ruin an edge. I finally gave up. Viewing the screen in direct sunlight doesn't seem to be a problem with the brightness turned up high. (Usually I have it all the way dim.)

Upvote 0
What update?

I was referring to the droid x software update. So I've had the screen protector on for 2 days now, and I have to say I am very impressed. To be honest, I've never heard of this company before. I was about to bite the bullet on a ghost armor screen protector but I'm very happy with my decision.

Alright, well I was kinda worried about how the screen protector would feel after reading some comments about it not feeling as smooth as the glass, but I really don't notice a difference. Perhaps they use more pressure on the screen than I do, but my finger glides fine and it has a really nice feel to it. The other comments that say that you can't really tell a screen protector is on is accurate imo. It just looks really clean, and is A LOT better on fingerprints than without it. Highly recommended :D:D

Just wanna thank all of the people who put their thoughts and impressions on the screen protector.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones