Steinhell ultra & boxwave & ZaggsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. ericsch333

ericsch333 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I order all 3 and I have read the reviews and I think I am just going to put the one that arrives first. I am so confused I have not had a a lot of experience with screen protectors and I bought the zaggs because of one reviews then I read the review on the Steinhell and said well that easy to install and bought that one, then i read a review on the boxwave and ordered it but it was backordered and forgot about it. Then toady I get an emails that all 3 have shipped. What am I supposed to do ????

Advertisement
  2. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

I have hands-on experience with all three you mentioned (actually more) on the X and previous devices (phones, cameras, PDAs). I've used boxwave, zagg, bse, ghost armor, and a few others. I pocket my phone (by itself, no keys), but I play a lot of sand volleyball, so I always worry about sand scratching the screen.

With my Droid X, I started with ghost armor on the screen, but I recently replaced it with the Steinheil ultra crystal. I was unhappy with how the GA dried, and the slight imperfections on the surface of the GA (in my experience Zagg is worse and looks like orange peel).

I still think ghost armor is more durable, especially for a full body coverage. However, ghost armor, zagg, and BSE are applied wet, so if you're a first-time user, you may have some trepidation.

IMHO, Steinheil is the best out of all them. Easy to apply and crystal clear screen. I would go with the Steinheil and return the others.

ericsch333 likes this.
  3. ericsch333

Well I install the Steinhell and wow!! It was not as hard as people say if you take you time.

Attached Files:

4. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

I'm using the Steinheil too and it looks great.

What wallpaper are you using? Looks cool

5. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

im just worried. i see to always get friggin bubbles in protectors. its really that easy with sgp? i already have few small knicks on the screen and i worry about more. Sucks i thought i didn't need em.

6. ericsch333

The background is a pool, I got it from the Background app. The Stein was as easy to put on as the verizon and bubbles where easy removed I really didn't have any it want on really flat.

7. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

Work slowly and methodically and follow the tips in this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/accessorie...-crystal-screen-protector-install-review.html

Steinheil includes a squeegee to push out any bubbles, but if you apply the protector carefully, you may not even need to use the squeegee.

8. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Very happy with my Steinheil Ultra Crystal - no need to try any others....