stellasmajka saying hi- how do you manage your phone book on line

Last Updated:

1. stellasmajka

stellasmajka New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I just bought a my touch 4g, which is my first "smart phone". A bit overwhelmed to say the least but fascinated. I will be asking many questions over the next month I am sure!! With two kids I don't have many opportunities to sit and play with the phone so it will be a long process to figure this thing out. Fun to be had!:p

My contact were copied from my last phone and they are an absolute MESS! I need to delete 70 percent of them and rename many. My last phone jacked them all up. I think this would be best done on my computer.... how do I do this?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Do you have a GMail account associated with your phone? If so then the contacts were likely either copied into GMail automatically when they were transferred over or they are local to your phone. If they're local to your phone then you will need to move them to GMail.

If you have a different email account associated with your phone the process may be somewhat different.

3. stellasmajka

yes I have a gmail account

4. stellasmajka

I looked in my contacts on my gmail account. Either I don't know what I am doing....yes.... or they are not there.
    Can you step by step me on what to do. I would think with this smart phone I should be able to manage them pretty easily.

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

The easiest way I can think to do this would be as follows:

1. Go to your App Drawer and select "Contacts".
    2. Click the "Menu" button and then the "More" button
    3. Select "Import/Export"
    4. Click on "Export contacts to SD Card"
    5. Once the contacts are exported to your SD card, import them using the same tool to Google Contacts"

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! PM me if you need some help getting around! :D

Steven