• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step 3, convert back to x10a fails...

dgiaffe

Jul 13, 2010
Hey, on the full guide, there is a 3rd step to convert the x10i image back to x10a. It fails on my side... Should I worry and try to redo the whole process again? I tried twice to do this step, but in my "About" section, it still says its an x10i... Thanks!

Why not just start again, but this time use the X10Root apk or Universal Androot. Much easier, and roots your phone in less than 2 minutes

Ok, I'll try that, but hmmm how can I revert to a good image? I know we downgrade to the RBA...14 for the root process and it probably is a x10i image already. Can I find another one? I don't see any repair option in Seus...

But first, may I just ask what the reason is for rooting your phone?

I'm some curious guy lolz and I wanted to try that out. I did also remove those crappy programs they send. It also debranded my phone so I won't have to wait for Rogers to make their version of the 2.1 update. I heard I would maybe have it faster. My phone is currently running well the way it is rooted, and I like the ShootMe and Barnacle WiFi Tether I downladed. However, I'm just wondering if I should worry or not. Data MMS WiFi Bluetooth and GPS seem to work fine... Maybe it would screw up stuff on 2.1 upgrade?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones