• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by step guide

sam007

Jun 26, 2010
Guys

Does anybody have step by step instructions to install Apex 1.4.1 on stock Droid X running Froyo?

At this link - http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...-droid-2-refinement-ease-use-2-22-2011-a.html, I only see these instructions but don't know what to do with each one

-Place file on your sdcard. Bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery
-Select Factory Reset (delete data/cache)
-Return to previous menu and install .zip from sd card
-Choose ApeX and install!

They gave decent instructions but only on the general stuff (run bootstrap, make nandroid) when in reality, I had no idea what those were...

Walking through that guide made it literally step by step so I knew I was actually headed in the right direction and not just making guesses. Once I actually got through the guide I finally understood what everything was and it all made sense.

I have since rooted my phone about 5 times with no trouble and can do it in about 5-10 minutes now. Glad I could help and make sure you thank OP on that guide, diskovilante.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones