• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by step Root walkthrough for Huawei Fusion 2

Reactions: carlthulhu
Upvote 0
It should just run the .exe (executable) and that takes care of the drivers. Basically a cmd prompt pops up for a split second and that's it. I am away from my computer now so I can't be sure, but that's what I remember. Try running the driver.exe file then completing the rest of walkthrough. If you aren't rooted by the end of it then there was a problem with the driver installation. If you get through the walkthrough and still aren't rooted. PM me and I'll get you to root!

Upvote 0
I rooted this phone today with poot one click on the phone, / id love to give propper thanks too the creator of poot/ & will come back too do this i am typeing this off my phone now though, & poot needs one thing from playstore but then u have superuser,not supersu, ill come back too fill in the rest with thanks & download link, i come here alot for the kyocera rise i own so i will be back in fact the poot version i used is on this forum as the way too root kyocera rise after its latest update if someone wants too link it here b4 i do

1)Enable usb debugging

2)Download poot: http://db.tt/0HqxEURT

3)Download minstro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary

Thanks goes too by giantpune of android forums
Thank you :0)

Came back too add thanks too the orginal thread starter & his root guide as well, just since i used the poot method first & it worked i figured id add it too the details of the rooting thread on this phone for others who may have issues, hopefully thats ok, Mom got this phone she pays 65 a month for unlimited talk text & only 1 gig of data but since it is her prefered carrier at the momment i did some tweaking , that popup wifi disconnect & reenter your wep was the number one reason for touching her phone , that got annoying , but ill definalty follow & hope you guys do get a working CWM Recovery Compelte on this Phone Thanks again people

Anyone else wanna double Verify for other users would be appreciated as well ,

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I was able to install the CWM recovery of Y201 from the below forum on the Fusion 2 using the fastboot flashing recovery steps for Fusion2. ":/fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" with the Y201 recovery file saved in the same folder.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35908322
even tho the Y201 recovery is little slower on the Fusion2, I was able to backup the rom, install new custom roms of Y200 and restore the original carrier rom.

The y200 roms I installed and successfully booted into fusion 2were:
1) CleanBaseRom#5.zip (same as carrier rom with out most of att junk)
2)ICS_OS_20130203.zip (same as carrier rom with ICS theme, had problem with gallery and screen would not turn on from sleep)

Didnt see much difference so restored the carrier rom back.

Hopefully this helps

Reactions: RoboticBuddy
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hopefully you will know the answer...

If I do a factory reset, will I have to root the phone again?

***sorry, should have searched Google first.

I ended up just going for it, and doing a factory reset. It doesn't mess with anything.

Figured I would share, just in-case anyone needs to Factory Reset their device.

Reactions: shagerty
Upvote 0
UPDATE we have a beta of 7.2 running but we still have a lot of tweaks to perform

Attachments

• 1363174680907.jpg
    1363174680907.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: shagerty
Upvote 0
Only a few things ive had an issue with on cm7.2. Bluetooth crashes the phone. Cannot load cpu frequencies from cm performance settings. Tried huawei y201 oc kernel.. doesnt work. (No surprises there) Bluetooth was the only serious issue I could find after some tinkering, but likely more to come as it is beta.

Upvote 0
The adb needs to be installed if it is reinstall it
i clicked on the adb file which i extracted from the .rar (into Huawei Fusion 2 folder on the desktop) but it still won't recognize the device

**i believe that this may be a problem with the phone itself. also does the phone have to be unlocked? or is unlocking the same thing as rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones