Stepmania port to android (open source game)

Last Updated:

1. Blackbrawler

Blackbrawler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those who don't know stepmania is rhthym game that is an exact replication of DDR. The game allows keyboard and pad use and for the android we'd probably use touch and keyboard (for devices that have one). There are few rhythm games on the android market and this would make a great addition.

Stepmania is fully customizable and people can add their own announcers, themes and best of all any song of their liking. I think it would be appropriate if all this was loaded from an SD card.

Here is the link to the website
    StepMania: Free dance game and songs - play with dance pads - play DWI and SM songs - not affiliated with Dance Dance Revolution

Here is the link to info for developers
    Developers

yeah so i think thats it......

Also if you don't want to port something so big (if thats big)
    You can also try FFR (Flashflashrevolution)
    FlashFlashrevolution.com (written in flash)
    Basically the same thing but for browsers and is exclusively for the keyboard.

Advertisement
  2. hexskrew

hexskrew Active Member

It does seem quite possible to do so (anything is possible on Android really) but it's the question of who has the knowledge AND wants to step up to the bar. I have no programming knowledge for the Android platform so I know I can't do it, but I would love to contribute however I could (graphics or stuff like that) :)