Steps for hard resetSupport

Last Updated:

1. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone provide steps to make a hard reset as painless as possible?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Menu > settings > SD card and storage > Format phone storage

Menu > settings > privacy > Factory reset

Remove SD card, and you're done.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

VegasOnAcid likes this.
  3. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All my contacts are backed up in google. But what about apps how does that work? I have appbrain synced up. Does google remember what I have bought? Can i pull the SD card out before all this and then put it back in when i am ready. I manually uploaded about 12 gbs of music to the card dont want to have to format it too.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

You can pull your card and not worry about it. I've had varying success with wipes and appbrain. Problem occurs when I wiped and reinstalled appbrain it synced and felt there was nothing there so zero apps became the new standard. There's probably more than one way to do this but here's the method I used in the pre-root days:

Login to appbrain on your PC. Make your applist public and click the share button, then choose the email option for sharing. Make the send using email and the recipient email your own email addy and send it to yourself. When you get things set back up, retrieve or resend that email which has your full applist. Use the select all feature and install the whole works after prompted for login.

VegasOnAcid likes this.