Steps to a fast, hacked Droid X?

Last Updated:

1. DrWurm

DrWurm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 15, 2010

So I've been quietly lurking around, enjoying my simple 2.2 leak Droid X. But, I've always known that eventually I want to root it and install ROMs and themes and whatnot. The problem is, I don't know the correct sequence of hacks/mods to get to my desired end product. I also don't know what the current best method is for accomplishing each part of the sequence.

My desired end product would be something like a rooted Droid X with Vanilla Froyo and flyX and whatever other speed tweaks are available. I'd also like to keep my apps and settings that I have now, if that's possible.

What I'm asking for is a simple list of things to do to get to that end product. I don't need the detail of how to do each one, I can figure that out myself (of course, if you want to provide links, that'd be appreciated too).

2. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010

1) Root: I came into froyo rooted, but believe you can 1 click thru 2.2, or theres a app for it?
    2) Dwnld: titanium backup donate ver. and busybox thru titanium, click on the problems? in bottom right(back up all your apps), recovery bootstrap for droid x, Rom manager.
    3) FlyX thru rom manager, build.props thru rom manager
    4) Themes if you want

Just my opinion..
    DrWurm likes this.
  3. justruss

justruss Member

Aug 31, 2010

The "vanilla froyo" or blurless version seems a bit too buggy (it's a rc, not final release) for me to go with yet. FlyX has been quicker for me than leaked 2.2.