Steps to Fully Remove Handset From a Sprint Account

1. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

Hey, I wanted to sell my Evo 3D, and I've already factory reset it, but now how do I unlock it in order to completely reset it back to the way it was?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Unlock as in rooting or unlock as in you have a GSM device and you want to unlock the SIM?
  3. blksith0

The second one. Although I don't know if it's possible because the phone is CDMA.

So what can I do in order to sell it to someone?
  4. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Is your phone CDMA? If so, you don't have a sim - so no unlock possible/needed.
  5. blksith0

Well, you say "no unlock needed", so do I just call Sprint and tell them to disconnect my phone? Then the buyer can take it to Sprint and Sprint can put it on their account?
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

if you are paid in full with the account the phone was on, just call sprint and tell them to release the phone from your account. thats all you have to do.

if you have a phone to swap with, they will swap the phone or if you do not have a phone they may be able to put a dummy phone on your account if you are keeping the line open.

Moved this to the sprint forum since these steps are the same for any of heir CDMA phones. There is nothing to "unlock" (SIM, etc).
    KOLIO, blksith0 and jerofld like this.