Steps to type degree symbol on HTC Evo 4GTips

1. ami8652

ami8652 New Member

On your HTC EVO 4G, go to Settings > Language & keyboard > Touch Input > International keyboard and check the box in the screen shot attached.

Now go into the app that you want to type the degree symbol in and use the microphone key with the EN underneath to access the degree symbol. Go to 12# > 1/3 and you will see a degree symbol, along with the degree C & degree F symbols.

Just found this today and was too excited:)

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    d1hamby and kixs like this.
  2. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I can probably type the word degree faster than doing all that.
  3. kixs

kixs Member

Thanks op!

Now it looks nice!
    Sent from my htc
  4. damasterstylist

damasterstylist New Member

that didnt work for me
  5. anastacia

anastacia New Member

make sure it's the only one ticked off - viewing the screenshot he attached helps. :)

oh and im using a HTC Desire and it still worked.
  6. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Old thread but figured I'd post in it since I didn't bump it.

Swype users will find the degree symbol with a long press of the 0 on the number pad...
  7. mood

mood Member

Or you can just use a lower case o instead. Its 32o F outside.
  8. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

That looks like you're saying 320 degrees... 32
  9. d1hamby

d1hamby New Member

Yeah, it works great. And you get a bunch of other useful symbols.
  10. mood

mood Member

11. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

12. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Well-Known Member

That's the swype keyboard. Stock keyboard doesn't have a symbol key, it has a key that says 12#, and in that keyboard there is no alt key.

BUT - if you have the latest update, you DO have swype, and if you press and hold where you type it brings up input method to change between normal and swype. Then following your instructions should be quicker than the OP method.
  13. Drew5150

did you READ my post or that thread at all? did I mention SWYPE or the stock HTC keyboard?

symbols key looks like sym/12#/123.. depends on the phone keyboard whatever it is still a symbols key.

this is the stock android or aosp keyboard from android 2.3 gingerbread.

download it and try it for yourself. I recomend the english only as it is a smaller file, gbkb-en

then press 123 then alt and you get this..
    [​IMG]
  14. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Well-Known Member

Yes I did, kind of a dumb question. I incorrectly assumed since you were on an EVO forum and talking about stock android keyboard, you were talking about the stock keyboard on the EVO. I didn't realize they were two different things... Even knowing they are two different keyboards, the wording of your first sentence still makes it sound like your talking about the stock out of the box keyboard. Then the "no special set up" made it sound even more like that.

Pretty sure changing input method to swype is still the easiest/fastest method if you just wanna type a degree symbol though..
  15. Drew5150

ok, but our phones don't run stock android...

I guess if you like swype, if you don't like swype then you can opt for the android keyboard which works similar to the HTC one and you won't half to switch. switching keyboards for one symbol sounds kinda slow to me, but whatever.
  16. Cactus73

Cactus73 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you lose the ability to use voice text. Bad trade off IMO.