Stereo Bluetooth Headset?General

Last Updated:

1. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. Will a stereo Bluetooth headset work for listening to Pandora on the Eris? I ask because I saw one thread in which somebody said "No Bluetooth for anything other than telephone sound" on the Eris.

2. If it will work, any recommendations such a headset? I'm no audiophile, so my main issues would be comfort and battery life.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jerryrp

jerryrp Member

I have the droid eris and a Motorola HT820 bluetooth stereo headset and it does work with pandora and sounds good. Picked it up cheap from Ebay. The headset even takes phone calls as well.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I'm using the Jabra BT8010. It works as a regular headset and then has a piece you can add for the other ear to make it stereo. Works really well, sound quality could always be better.

4. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

so let me get this straight...you guys have bluetooth headset (i have the old jabra bt150) and it is playing music through the headset??
    how????

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Not to be a smart ass, but I turn on Bluetooth, turn on the headset and then play music. It comes through the headset. It also works on my Moto T505. I have not tried it with my Samsung WEP-200 though, so it may only work with specific headsets. The phone is A2DP capable, maybe the headset has to be too.

Edit: Since the OP mentioned Pandora this should still be on topic. Did anyone else notice that the update to Pandora allows you to keep the screen on when it is playing? I thought that was a nice new feature.

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

yeah...i think its an older version cause...it works with my winmo phones without fail. just couldnt get it to work on my eris.
    but my headset is like 5 years old! :)
    thanks!

7. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

LMAO!!
    yeah def my headsets, i just tried it again playing Jayz show me what u got in my office...yeah it didnt work and...if u know this song, the horn in the beginning is VERY loud!! :)
    but still no luck :(

8. jpgoggin

jpgoggin Well-Known Member

I have the Motorola S9-HD bluetooth stereo headset. It works really well with the following notes.
    1.) Works great with the default music player, pandora and Cherry Rplayer for streaming.
    2.) I am told by others that the microphone quality is good.
    3.) Does not work well with other music player apps. I've tried 3 and Meridian. The problem is if you use the pause button on the headset, when you start again, it starts the default music player. So stick with the default music player.
    4.) if you are outside, it will skip because the receiver is on the back of your neck. Seems to help if I hang the phone on the back of my belt. I'll be getting an arm band soon.
    5.) They do sound very good for music.

9. BigRon

BigRon Member

There's a Chinese company on Ebay called "artyguru"; I bought TWO stereo bluetooth headsets from him (one for my son, and he liked it so much, I got one for myself!) Quality is excellent, and the price was even better! The actual headphones are "detatchable" - normal headphones with a 3.5mm stereo jack - so, if you break them, you can simple swap them out with a plain vanilla replacement. No fewer than SIX controls on the tiny controller: play/pause, Vol +/-, next/prev track, and "make/accept call". Works a treat with my G-1, so will probably work with anything newer as well. Cost just 5.32 Euros (

10. Fulltime Traveler

11. Fulltime Traveler

I received a reply from the vendor today:
    "We understand your frustration but as stated in our eBay listing, the package includes 1 AC charger (either US or EU standard at our discretion) so we sent you a EU adapter. We are certain that you can plug the EU adapter into your AC power socker through a universal or traveller's adapter which you can easily buy from supermarkets in the US. "

Beware.