1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Stereo Bluetooth headsets and N1Support

1. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

I have a Moto stereo BT headset, and find that I am having an almost impossible time of pairing it. It works to make calls, but I can never get the media sound to come through, even though it says it is connected, I think it has maybe worked twice, with constant turning off and on of both BT on the N1 and the headset.

I noticed I had a lot of problems with my G1 sometimes, but nothing this extreme, the most it would take with the G1 is 1 or 2 tries. The first time I tried it with the N1 it worked perfect, and figured it had finally been fixed, but ever since it is more of a nightmare than ever.

Anyone else have any experience with this, and can offer some tips?

Advertisement
  2. jmajor1111

jmajor1111 Member

I have the Rockfish stereo headset and the sync was almost seamless. make sure the Motorola supports the A2DP profile and when it actually is connected, make sure the profile shows up as media audio (under settings > wireless and network > bluetooth). if it isn't, delete the device and try to sync again.

Just fyi, my biggest issues is when it was paired with more than 2 devices and they both were in range, I had to turn off one or the other before it would work right.

hope it helps some.
  3. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

Once it is paired, and you can see the device in your bluetooth settings, click-hold on the device and choose "Options...". Under Profiles, choose "Media" (check "Use for media audio"). Uncheck "Phone" (the "use for phone audio").

This is an AWESOME FEATURE. I have my car stereo connected for A2DP audio, and bluetoth headset SIMULTANEOUSLY connected for calls. It's perfect.
  4. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

I have a Plantronics Pulsar 260 stereo headset, and I've never had any problems pairing it or using it with the Nexus One. I turn it on, and a few seconds later it's always synced up and ready to go.
  5. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

starting to think it may be the headset.
  6. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

I use Motorola S9-HD's. They work great. Loving that I can skip, reverse and pause my tracks. Something iPhone doesn't allow.
  7. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

could be. See if you can borrow someone else's phone, or use your computer to connect to it.
  8. DuchessLynne

DuchessLynne New Member

You might just try repairing it...several times. I have a Samsung mono/stereo headset which originally I paired without the stereo headset connected. I reconnected it twice with the stereo headset connected and it finally worked.
  9. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

I have not been able to do this with the stock player. Mixing does this but I am not a big fan of mixing. Any suggestions? Is there a way to get it to work with stick player?