Stereo cable (not headphones) w/ inline controls?

Last Updated:

1. evank

evank New Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are plenty of headphones out there with inline controls for the Nexus, but what I'm looking for is something I can hook up to my car's 3.5mm aux in jack. Basically, a plain stereo cable with two male ends, but with nexus-compatible inline controls for pause/play & next/previous.

Has anyone else happened across anything like this? The closest I could find was microusb to 3.5mm adapters, which I may have to make due with...

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Buy the headphones, cut the buds off and wire to another 3.5 mm Jack.

Easy!

3. clickwir

clickwir Member

I've never seen one like that, but it would be awesome. I'd buy one of those for less than $5.

4. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Just buy a car mount and use a full screen music widget, something like mixzing. There are several ways of setting the phone's screen to always stay on. You'll be able to use the phone more readily for gps, notification of messages and calls, keeping it charged, and it won't look like you mcgyverism'd a hookup to your car.

5. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

I was looking for something like this for a while, then I started using music players with lock screen widgets. My current player of choice is bTunes, and with the lock screen widget enabled, all I have to do is tap the lock button and I have prev / pause / play / next controls plus album art. Works perfectly for me and I no longer feel a need for inline controls.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can use audio out via MicroUSB with some sort of combo adapter that plugs into the MicroUSB port of the phone and then splits to power and 3.5mm aux input.