• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stereo cable with mic for car?

I am able to connect my Fascinate to the Aux input of my car stereo but when I make a call with the cable still connected, the internal microphone doesn't work. I have to disconnect the stereo cable and put the phone on speaker.

Ideally, I want to be able to keep the stereo cable connected and hear the person over the radio, and be able to talk. Is there a stereo cable with a microphone built into it that can be used for this purpose? I had one for my HTC device (Amazon.com: Handsfree Stereo Headset Headphones + Microphone + 3.5mm Adapter Converter + Car Home Charger Plug Port For All HTC Phone Smartphone PDA: Cell Phones & Service) that worked very well, but it would only push mono to the stereo.

My car doesn't have bluetooth so I can't go that route. What's my best option here so I can play music in my car and make handsfree calls without bluetooth?

EDIT: Found this on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Cellet-3-5mm-Stereo-Microphone-Switch/dp/B003AOS1QI/ref=reg_hu-wl_item-added Thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones