Steve Jobs Flips Out, Goes On Anti-Android/Adobe Tirade

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Steve Jobs is feeling the heat. In some cases an executive might play the calm, cool and collected gameface, allowing a sense of confidence to convince the masses that yeah, this dude is in control. But not Jobs. At an employee conference/event he was asked about Google and Adobe and went on a tirade [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. FireRunner

FireRunner Well-Known Member

The more I see Jobs the more I hate Apple, and I own two MacBooks and an iPhone. Their products should be better for the USER not their company. Jobs is becoming more and more selfish. It's sad really. I CANNOT wait for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to launch so I can throw my iPhone out the window.

3. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Haha apple sucks.

4. johflo88

johflo88 Well-Known Member

@FireRunner:the sentiment is mutual and I can't wait to throw my 2 iphones 3g and 3gs against the wall (getting bored with it without MT).I was fooled into updating 3g to 3gs for the same iphone.:mad:

5. johflo88

johflo88 Well-Known Member

@ttaylor0024: very big time! especially with the control freak steve.J. now with his carried away BIG mouth! Even the ipad sucks with all the i-backlashed reviews.[​IMG]

6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

He's gone nuts. I think the good press on Android and the bad press on the iPad has got his head on overdrive.

7. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

8. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

The moment that this news broke, I think the very next day, Google released MT/Pinch in native apps. I guess whatever professional courtesy Google was respecting as far as technology is concerned is out the window since Jobs' outburst.

That being said, I believe that Jobs is right about the "Don't be evil is BS," is true. According to Google, some Android phones will not be getting MT/Pinch (e.g. DROID) because its hardware cannot handle the additional functionality. That being said, I think that it is obvious that Google is severely fragmenting the Android base. I mean, how are new Android phones being released with 1.6 still? Really!?

What reason is there to buy any other Android phone unless it is coming from Google themselves? In that way, Google is evil. Open my butt!

9. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

And I've replaced all my default searches with Bing! Suck it Google!

10. Mandark

Mandark Member

DROID practically already has multitouch. It's European version, Milestone, had it officially since day one.

This, seriously, can not be blamed on Google.
    It's all up to the manufacturer's themselves.

One can't hold Google responsible for the fact that, for instance, Samsung can't be bothered to expend resources on firmware/OS update development, can one?

11. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

My HTC Hero has has had MT/Pinch from day one.

12. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Eris have it too?

13. flopez76

flopez76 Member

Poor Steve Jobs afraid of a little compition from Google haha

14. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

he is mad because google is taking their profit away... but what he needs to suck up is the fact that apple did the same thing to WiMo and BB and Palm, when iphone came out, i don't remember hearing these companies crying like little toddlers when competition was added!!!! deos anyone else? he needs to grow up and act like a leader of one of the largest inovative hardware tech companies out there

15. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Steve Jobs doesn't have professionalism, he cries, fires, and lies his ways through the tough times.

16. Unclebill

Unclebill Active Member

Motorola Droid ... Dolphin browser has MT / Pinch and now so does Google Maps ... obviously it's NOT a hardware issue but an issue of developers taking advantage of ALL the abilities of the hardware and software. You'll see more and more as developers refine their products.

17. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

They aren't vvery innovative.... and in general, when compared to what's out there, their hardware is mediocre as best. That's why they had to switch to intel chips.

18. TateWatkins

TateWatkins Well-Known Member

This +++++++1, don't be an idiot and blame google for the segmentation, it is not up to them what firmware companies load.

19. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

All I can say is that if people think THAT interview constitutes "flipping out" ... they've clearly never seen Steve Ballmer in action. :p