• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stickers for Sprint stores...

shulkman

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
I have the urge to have stickers printed and walk into local Sprint stores and start putting them on display models to educate potential customers who are looking to buy a phone and service.

For the Evo: Warning, Sprint will charge you $10 extra per month for absolutely no good reason, unless you live in a large city served by their 4G network. Otherwise, you will derive no benefit whatsoever.

For the Hero and Moment: Warning, even though this phone is only 8 months old, and is still buggy as hell, there will be no further software support. Enjoy your dailer lag.

Anyone have other ideas?

I'm trying to get out of the $10 fee because we don't have 4G[yet]. I was going to walk out of the Radio Shack when the clerk hit me with the $10 additional charge news but I needed to replace my Bb8330 and was anxious to try the EVO. I'm a sucker for new tech, I know... But I'm confident I will find a way, I usually do. :) But yeah, that pretty much sucked!

Upvote 0
The 10 dollars extra is to fatten their wallets. The equipment for 4G is there they just have to get it installed on the system. That does take money but charging customers is what they do best.
Just hope they don't follow AT$T and VER$ZON on the data rate plans. They are going to charge for the calling and for different size data packages and it does not include texting.
My brother is with AT$T and he has the equivilant of what I have and pays 40 dollars more.

Upvote 0
I talked to Sprint, chatted online with Sprint and went to a Sprint factory store, they all are singing the same tune.$10.00 per month for 4g no exceptions. Yes, it does SUCK but the EVO is a cool phone even with the battery issues. I do like mine so far. And the $10.00 only hurts a little. Guess it is called price fixing.Sprint is raising their prices to more align with ATT and Verizon.

Upvote 0
I don't see how they can get away with charging the $10 for the 4G if it's not even available. I'm sure they are using that money to expand 4G probably, but I don't see how legally they can charge you for something that you can't even use unless you go to very limited amount of area's. I know there is no 4G in Michigan.

I was thinking the same thing about them using that money to expand their 4G network... Honestly, I don't mind it if they remove it in a year or so when 4G is almost nationwide on EVERYONE'S plan, not just new customers.

Upvote 0
By then 10.00 will seem like nothing when they fall in line with AT$T and Ver$zon. Charging 50-60 bucks for 2 GB of data. Hmmm. I use that much data in a week. Also remember that does not include your text and talk. Another 50-80 bucks. I've always wanted a 200.00 a month bill. LMAO
Cell phone companies were like landline companies use to be. GREEDY
Once everyone decides to choose not to pay that price it will drop. But I have a feeling some people which are the majority will keep paying the high rates because they just don't know any better and other just don't care.
Trust me. If Apple lets Verizon sell iPhones AT$T's rates will drop fast. Just to keep their customer base. I know folks that will drop em like a bad habit if and when that happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones