Still Case Confused After 5 MonthsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Me and my wife have had our Hero's going on 6 months now. She has had a cheap hard red eBay case and has never wanted to change. Me on the other hand stays confused. I've tried those cheap hard eBay cases, the Sprint silicone 2 pack, the Otterbox, and the Body Glove. I still have them all. Never had the Seidio because it always looks like the front seems are never aligned. I have 2 Case Logic cases. One is vertical and fits the phone with a case on it the other is horizontal and fits it naked. I'll go from naked to any one of the cases several times a day. Just can't make up my mind. I have never dropped this phone or the Instict I had for a year before the Hero. I have had the dust cleaned out one time after 3 months by the Sprint store and they did a great job at no charge. Somebody talk to me. Thanks, TC. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

If you want me to make up your mind, put the otterbox on and don't ever take it off:D Don't use the screen protector either. They are just smudge catchers. The screen is hard enough without a shield.

tazcollins likes this.
  3. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I do believe that the Otterbox is the best. The problem I have with it is the charge port plug will not stay in all the way. It doesn't come all the way out. It just sticks out a little. I called Otterbox and they told me this was normal do to the way the phone charging port is made. Does your plug stay in flush? TC

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Yeah, most of the time it stays put. If it doesn't, it stays in at least enough to keep $hit out of the usb port. I find that if you make sure to put it in straight, it stays in much better than if you pry it in crooked. It also seems to be a product of how thin the case is, if you push on the silicone part just below the mic it will pop it open very easily. Tough to remedy that, I guess.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

My wife has an otterbox for her iphone and it's a very well made case. Personally it's too big and bulky for my tastes. No doubt that it helps protect the phone though (she drops her phone ALL the time).

I have the seidio case and couldn't be happier. When I first got the innocase I was disappointed in the "cheapness" of the case but I bought the holster combination from amazon for a decent price so I gave it a shot. Overall, I would give it 4.8 out of 5 starts. There is a very minor alignment issue (I'm OCD about that kind of stuff) and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I love having the holster, it's very handy at work when ripping into machines as I can hear the text/ringtones easier and don't have to go digging into pockets to get to the phone.

6. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member