• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still Confident Bravo is coming to Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorola buying a block of advertising wouldn't have to have any effect on Verizon's advertising.

I agree. For all we know they could be advertising there moto click with motoblur that is already out. The commercial is already out and has been motorolas main commercial they have been pushing. It has been verizon putting on all the droid commercials.

Upvote 0
I agree. For all we know they could be advertising there moto click with motoblur that is already out. The commercial is already out and has been motorolas main commercial they have been pushing. It has been verizon putting on all the droid commercials.

Agree that it really has no relevance on Verizon's release schedule at this point.

Remember its MOTOROLA that is buying airtime, not VERIZON. So for all we know they could be advertising the new iDEN handset for Sprint.

I am optomistic that the Incredible = Bravo = Verizon, but now its just a matter of when. Since it looks like T-Mobile is going to get exclusivity (at least for the immediate time being) to the Nexus One, I really wish that HTC and Verizon would put it out early ASAP to compete with it. <--Funny that I say compete with it, which they are, when they were the ones that built the damn N1!!:D

Upvote 0
part of me wants it to be released at the end of january, but part of me realizes that's probably very unrealistic, becase VZW would know that everybody who bought a phone in the holiday period would return it and wait 1-2 wks for the incredible.

I don't think a large number of people who bought phones for the holiday would return them, mainly because most of the general public do not even know about new phones coming out. Its a very small portion that goes on forums like these and other phone tech sites that would have any idea.. but anyway I'm guessing a release date of early Feb would make sense..

Upvote 0
I agree. While I'd love for it to be released in January, it doesn't seem like good business sense for Verizon, but who knows...

Yeah it does. I think the reasons it hasnt been released yet is A) Getting it ready and B) Verizon's commitment to the Droid. Verizon's commitment to the Droid will be ending soon unless its going to be their "it" phone for the first half of 2010. Heck Motorola cant even really be upset about it because they've gotten more then enough free press for their phone. If motorola wants to sell it themselves later, so be it (might mean more carriers for the Droid as well).
Think of the Passion not as a HTC phone against the Motorola Droid. But rather as just another $200 consumer product that will be attached to a 1 or 2 year contract. So Verizon can just sell consumer device A at $200 with a 2 year contract or they can start selling consumer device B, along side consumer device A, at $200 with a 2 year contract. Thats the business sense of it.

Upvote 0
I won't and can't say you or I are wrong, but I imagine they would sell this under the "Droid" moniker and to have another Droid out so soon to steal the light away from the Motorola device may work against them. I am not saying this to be pessimistic as I really do wish the phone were available now. I actually hope that what you say is correct. What does give me hope is that it may not be a direct competitor since it doesn't have a physical keyboard and it does have a different UI (assuming it has Sense UI).

Upvote 0
@clb i agree. general public doesnt know about the incredible/bravo coming. lets just say 500-1000 people return there droid and wait they still sold 100000 of them at least. then they will go out and buy the new cool and be giving there money back to verizon. some will be out of the return period or have dings and scratches on them so they wont take them back some will then just buy the new phone out right the returned droids will now sit in tech stock so when someone drops there droid and breaks it sends it in for the warranty they can replace it with a refurbished one

Upvote 0
I agree. While I'd love for it to be released in January, it doesn't seem like good business sense for Verizon, but who knows...

Who knows if it will go to Verizon? Everybody is basing this on one rumor posted to Engadget. Guess what - they posted multiple rumors that the Passion would go to Verizon and that turned out to be dead wrong.

I personally agree that there seems to be little reason for Verizon to put out a Droid competitor when they are still heavily marketing it.

Upvote 0
Yeah it does. I think the reasons it hasnt been released yet is A) Getting it ready and B) Verizon's commitment to the Droid. Verizon's commitment to the Droid will be ending soon unless its going to be their "it" phone for the first half of 2010. Heck Motorola cant even really be upset about it because they've gotten more then enough free press for their phone. If motorola wants to sell it themselves later, so be it (might mean more carriers for the Droid as well).
Think of the Passion not as a HTC phone against the Motorola Droid. But rather as just another $200 consumer product that will be attached to a 1 or 2 year contract. So Verizon can just sell consumer device A at $200 with a 2 year contract or they can start selling consumer device B, along side consumer device A, at $200 with a 2 year contract. Thats the business sense of it.

I have to agree wtih Clocwork. Although on the surface it does seem like Verizon is just looking to sell phone A or B for $200 + contract, there is a lot more politics, contracts, agreements, etc. that go into this stuff.

I think that Verizon does have some obligation to promote the Droid for said period of time, without immediately bringing in a superior phone. Otherwise, they would really be burning the bridge for a future Moto release (or HTC, or whomever they do it to).

Not sure if that made sense...

Upvote 0
Bravo for the Incredible Passion! Are we confused yet?

I certainly hope it comes to Verizon and in January. Both things (Verizon / January) are still in question. I do think both sides of this argument have a point, it can make sense and it can not make sense to release another Droid line phone in January / February. Basically what that means, is it depends on Verizon and HTC, which we don't really know how they think of it, and if it will hit US before Europe.

I'd still like to see the Nexus One on Verizon to. Something very appealing about it to me. However, if the Incredible / Bravo is what we end up getting, it's very similar by the looks / sounds of pics and spec rumors, so I suppose it will be a good alternative. I'm not familiar with optical pads on phones, but I'd imagine it's the equivalent of a ball mouse vs. an optical mouse, so hopefully it's actually better than the Nexus One.

Other thing I want cleared up is, which of these is the Passion? It's looking like the Nexus One is the real name of the Passion (Code Name), considering the most recent leaks. However there's still speculation that the Bravo is the Passion, meaning that if the Incredible is the Bravo, then it ALSO is the Passion. Obviously still meaning Passion is a code name. HOWEVER, the leaked ROM of model names showed these phones all being separate, and obviously there's still the question of Passion vs PassionC. I have a feeling the ROM list was not necessarily final, and things may have changed, or we may have seen a combo of actual names / code names....

Almost overwhelming, but I've been following it for so long now, I actually understand everything and where it currently falls. I just want all the names / release dates / carriers to be cleared up so I can stop being curious.

Upvote 0
So can anyone recap what we know so far?

My New Every Two is up January 16th, making it prime decision time for Droid vs. Bravo. We know the Bravo is VZW don't we? Just the official release date is what we're pending.
Actually no. If you mean "know" as in verified info, we don't know anything about Bravo. There's nothing proving it's coming to Verizon. We don't even know if it's a real phone. The only images are rendered drawings.

Upvote 0
From Engadget's mobile site:

Google announces Android press conference for January 5th -- Engadget

Seems they'll be announcing the Nexus One on January 5th. Hopefully Verizon will come out soon with an announcement of their own...

Hopefully,

I can tell you all that I emailed a regional HTC sales rep about phones for 2010 and they responded that their 2010 lineup has not been finalized so customers should not be waiting for a particular rumored phone.

What this means to be is that even if you knew what the president of verizon and htc knows you still might not have a release date. They are probably indecisive about the phone right now, perhaps seeing what google/tmobo does first.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones