Still did not get the OTA anyone else?General

Last Updated:

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I know the OTA is rolling out and ive heard can take up to two weeks to reach everyone, but I was wondering who all does not have it? I saw the thread about if you have it post here, but there seem to be alot of people that have it. So I was wondering just how many of us are still stuck on 1.5 waiting for the OTA? Im from Pittsburgh, PA so east coast here.

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I'm sure they are doing it just like the Motorola Droid and HTC Incredible did... they start on day 1 with xxx units, then wait and do xxx more units, then wait and do xxx more units... you'll get it and hopefully someone will get the URL to allow others to upgrade manually soon

3. char561

char561 Well-Known Member

Yes, as soon as someone gets the logcat file of it updating we will be able to give it to anyone that wants to do it manually.

4. lilbballer27

Yes that is how they are doing it. My friend works for verizon and the first day it was out only 1000 people got it, then the next day 9,000+ then as the days go on the number of people getting it increases. I was just curious as to who does not have it yet.

5. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

2.1 is eventually going to blow this forum up. Way to go Google.

6. NickDroid86

NickDroid86 Well-Known Member

Its a big hoax...nobody really has it. The 5 people out of the 6000 in the eris forums right now are all in on it.

7. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

i haven't got it... this just sucks

8. lilbballer27

Thanks to those who actually answered the thread and stayed on topic.

9. SlickRick

SlickRick Well-Known Member

I got nothing here in Virginia.

10. jlrosell

jlrosell Well-Known Member

Im still waiting. I think I will get it later tonight.

11. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

This whole 'instant gratification' mentality needs to just go. The upgrade is being rolled out to customers a few at a time. Why? Glad you asked. Because they want to ensure that there are no issues with the upgrade as they roll it out. Do you think users would be happy if every single eris user got it at the same time with a major bug in it? It does happen.

So Verizon wants to try and ensure a quality experience. They promised it for Q1 and it was delayed. It is now "Officially" being rolled out and people STILL are not happy because they did not get it on day 1. Seriously, if patience is a virtue, it is most assuredly one you (and many others) do not have.

If your biggest complaint at the end of the day is 'I don't have the turn by turn navigation,' then why did you buy a device that did not support it in the first place? Also, I really am concerned about society cause guess what? Before GPS systems became popular and before mapquest made your life a little easier, most of us actually had to read a map or get a thompson guide.

The update is now coming. Relax. It will come. I am not sure if v3 leakers will get the notification due to the kernel, etc being the same, so we shall see. But seriously. Get some patience and get some skills. I am mortified at the mere thought of the big electric cord in our lives being pulled out of the socket. So basically, your GPS service goes down due to a tech issue and you can't get to the job interview? Whose fault is that? Oh yeah, YOURS! Cause you lack the basic skills to read a map.

Good day!

12. uceagle21

uceagle21 Member

still waiting on the OTA update also. im in cincinnati right now and heading to hilton head this weekend for the rest of the summer. anybody know the procedure as to how the update is rolling out to the eris users? is it starting on the west coast and moving east or is there a different procedure?

13. jlrosell

Totally random.

14. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

I have a rooted Droid but my wife has the Eris and no she won't let me root it :( but her phone has not received it yet. Florida

15. NickDroid86

NickDroid86 Well-Known Member

So if verizon is releasing based upon positive feedback, shouldn't the people that have out stop bitching about bugs?

16. droideris2877

droideris2877 Member

I do not have it either. Charleston, SC. Will let y'all know when I do though. :)

17. parri1l

parri1l Well-Known Member

My sister received her prompt to update at 4 this morning, but she wants to back her stuff up. Obviously a good idea.

18. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

Verizon must have laid off their QA teams, because this rollout is BS..

19. jlrosell

You might be sorry you shared that info.:D No pressure, but I gotta ask...
    Are you or her tech savvy enough to possibly share it?
    Its fine if not. No pressure, but if the has not accepted it yet, you guys can really help a lot of people here by getting the information necessary for someone to post a link where everyone can download it rather than waiting for the OTA to hit their phone.

20. lilbballer27

Yea that would be great if one of you guys could get the necessary information to give us the download instead of waiting for OTA.

21. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

omg, are we seriously starting threads for people who DIDNT get the update? Wouldnt that be just about everyone?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

22. jlrosell

Yep its just about everyone. This is more of an equal opportunity thread. Too many other threads right now are exclusive to only about 5 members of these boards.
    I like this one where everyone is welcome to participate.

23. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

The instant gratification mentality is a product of modern living. (I admit that I am a "victim" of this problem most of the time.)

When the Eris was last updated, I think it was back in December, I got the update about a week after the roll out started. I know that Verizon has a method to their madness. I just haven't figured it out yet. Until I can figure it out and find a way to bypass everyone in front of me, I just have to wait.

24. lilbballer27

Really if you have nothing to say to keep the topic going in the right direction just dont say it. There is way to many spam posts on this board and this is one of the unnecessary ones that just did not need to be made.

25. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well, of late the Eris area of androidforums.com seems to have taken on a bit of a Twilight Zone aura.

Might as well add to it a thread gathering all those who don't have something most in the community want to have but who are at the mercy of a huge, outside force that they have no control over.