• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still did not get the OTA anyone else?

It is hilarious to me that anyone with a smart phone thinks they can come on these message boards and complain about this generation of instant gratification. If you belong to this community, it is probably proper to assume you own a smart phone which enables everyone to constantly be in touch via phone call, email, texting, skype applications, endless apps to do almost anything, play your music etc... INSTANTLY, AND AT ALL TIMES!!! The more I go on about all the features, the more it cracks me up that someone even just tried to come in here and bash people about that.
Possibly the most pathetic argument, yet funniest thing I have ever seen on these boards.

Upvote 0
I believe the poster of the "instant gratification" rant was making reference to assumed instant reception of the OTA as an entitlement, not about the overall usage of the devices.

While I agree that that persons post about not having it yet came off annoyingly whiny, the instant gratification guy seemed to be speaking pretty generally about this generation of people. Did you remember the part where he says he is concerned about socitey? Not that individual whiny poster, but society in general. I stand by my comments on his poorly thought out hypocrytical rant.

Upvote 0
All I am saying is I have been on these boards for about 2 months now and when ever a thread is started that someone does not agree with they have to post in it their feelings on why they disagree or just be negative in that thread. Just keep your answer on the topic or dont answer at all its very simple.

So in case anyone forgot this thread is to say if you have NOT received the update and if you could please say where your located. Seems like a lot of people on the west cost are claiming to have it. Could just be luck that it happened that way or could actually mean the update rolled out there and the east cost is getting it last? who knows.

Upvote 0
I don't have the OTA yet. I'm in New Mexico and still runnin 1.5
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones