STILL have wifi problems after froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. kiter86

kiter86 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody else still having wifi problems with froyo? Mine will constantantly say connection detected and drop out over and over.

Advertisement
  2. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

Same here. I've been having trouble with my X connecting to my home router since the beginning with 2.1 or 2.2

3. ttjt

ttjt Member

I had no problems at all on 2.1 but after upgrade to froyo, my wifi connection at home keeps cycling on and off every few seconds.

4. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member

no problems before or after..... are you having problems all over with wi-fi, or just at home? could be your security setup

5. kiter86

kiter86 Active Member This Topic's Starter

6. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I had the problem up until the 2.3.13 update.
    I also found that using WPS to make your connection helps.

Anyways after 2.3.13 my wifi has been connected and stable except one time when it started acting up again, but the next time I connected it was stable and has been every since...knock on wood.

Mine used to be so bad it would drop and try to connect so often it was like not having any internet as it was always switching between wifi and 3g but never stayed connected long enough for one to actually get online.

Anyway I'm good now:)

7. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Well-Known Member

This week started having serious problems and called useless support at VZ who transferred me to useless support from Moto. They said reset the phone but I opted not to given froyo was coming out today.

It would connect then drop, then hang, and wifi icon was showing at the same time 3G was.

Did the froyo update this morning and it seems to be working better. Time will tell.

8. wad7719

wad7719 Active Member

This is the same issue I have. Never had a wifi problem until 2.2. Now it is in and out to the point that it is unusable.

I'll add that I did a factory reset this morning and still have the same issue.

9. ttjt

ttjt Member

After reading some posts in other threads, I tried setting my router to "WPA only" security (instead of "WPA or WPA2") and selected "TKIP" (instead of "AES") and now my phone connects and stays connected with Froyo.

10. airtrons

airtrons Member

No prob prior to Froyo, and then no joy after...

Reading through the Moto forum, I left my encryption settings as they were: WPA2-PSK [AES]), but I de-selected WMM (Wireless Multimedia Extensions, found in the QoS (Quality of Service) section on your router setup).

All in all, a BIG problem for Moto to fix. Having to change ubiquitous settings on a router is unacceptable.

I can picture the look on the face of a barrista at your favorite coffee shop... :eek:

[edited for typos...]

11. mister_jerry

mister_jerry Member

I've been having my wifi drop connection issue, too. One thing that was working right was I had no problem connecting to an open network. When it comes to connecting to WPA2-PSK network, one is hosed. More experiments to follow (I think)