• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still Installing?

I have an app that I upgraded "yesterday". I didn't think much about it after I did the upgrade. I turned off my phone last night before going to bed. Turned it on this morning and everything is working normally. I checked to see if there were any updates and this one app says it is still installing. I am sure it is some sort of error. I looked in my "Task Killer" and it doesn't show it running. I am wondering if I should try uninstalling it and do a reinstall.

Any and all sugestions are appreciated.

Norman

I have an app that I upgraded "yesterday". I didn't think much about it after I did the upgrade. I turned off my phone last night before going to bed. Turned it on this morning and everything is working normally. I checked to see if there were any updates and this one app says it is still installing. I am sure it is some sort of error. I looked in my "Task Killer" and it doesn't show it running. I am wondering if I should try uninstalling it and do a reinstall.

Norman

Just long press on it and press cancel download. Go into menu, settings, manage applications and clear data and cache. Reboot your phone and then try to download the app again. See if that helps

Upvote 0

Norman

Also try to log into Gtalk, that may help also

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Let me tell you what the resolution was.

1. Using my Task Killer I was able to uninstall the program. However, the phone still showed that it was trying to install the app update.
2. I used MyBackup Pro to restore the app from its previous version. I rebooted the phone.
3. The Market told me there was an update (same as last time). I told it to update and all went well.

Thanks again,
Norman

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Let me tell you what the resolution was.

1. Using my Task Killer I was able to uninstall the program. However, the phone still showed that it was trying to install the app update.
2. I used MyBackup Pro to restore the app from its previous version. I rebooted the phone.
3. The Market told me there was an update (same as last time). I told it to update and all went well.

Thanks again,
Norman

I just believe the market gets stuck like that every once in a while.

Glad everything worked out:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones