STILL no equalizer for Droid?!?

Last Updated:

1. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hard to imagine that no one has come up with a workable EQ for the Droid yet. I've got alot of music on it and use it more now than I do my iPod, but I would love to have some type of workable EQ that doesn't cause probs elsewhere like the Milestone does. Just very surprised the market hasn't had one yet...doesn't make alot of sense for something that would be very useful.:(

Advertisement
  2. hkv1959

hkv1959 Member

I thought I had read somewhere that the Devs. of the Mixzing music app was adding a EQ. Maybe someone on here can verify that. I think Mixzing is the best music app right now.

3. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

I came across one somewhere.... Let me see if I can find it in my downloads.

Its called:

Audio Player WithEQ Platinum

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm jonesing for an EQ in Pandora even more.

Sound quality is tinny, even through decent car stereos.

Still WAY better than the crap on the radio though.

-Mike

5. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

Look for astro player. idk if its in the market yet but i think you can find it on xda. i tried it and it works although it didnt have any preset options yet, just all the individual sliders

6. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

Hah, I use Pandora for the exact same reason. I drive about 8 hours a week, on two different days, and love having Pandora for that. I do agree there is quite a bit of sound loss from bluetooth to stereo to speakers. I know what I have in my car is louder, but the sound just isnt there.

7. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Just got a head unit with an aux in the front.
    I have the car mount and charger - and I have a use for pandora now! Sounds decent but definitely needs an EQ. I love being able to bookmark from pandora on the fly so I can download songs when I get home.

BTW - I recommend the aux port on a head unit if you can. Pandora or Shoutcast will pause and navigation instructions come through speakers, and if you set your phone OFF of bluetooth and speaker, your calls come through your speakers too and the person on the other end can hear clear with no echo.
    SCHWEET

8. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Astro Player is on the market right now (Beta). There is a free and paid version.
    The EQ needs to effect the entire phone though to be effective. This does nothing to Pandora.
    Nice little app though.

9. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Mixzing's dev said thay would be adding an EQ within 2 weeks. (That was last week or so...) They have a forum.
    The EQ on Astro doesn't seem to work very well for me. I think it's a bit to optimistic in that he has too many frequency levels. Maybe he should've started with only 6 sliders.

10. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea. Dl it and 16 bands is way too many but it does work. Don't care for the player itself, though. Was hoping for a system EQ that works with any app. There's got to be a way to get this done.

Pfilly likes this.
  11. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member

I am looking for a solution for this as well :(

12. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

That's good to hear because I really like Mixzing.

But yeah I'm really surprised it has taken this long for someone to add one. I thought for a while the sdk didn't allow for it (or maybe that was the case until now?).

13. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

14. esimpson1

esimpson1 Member

Having the EQ in Mixzing works for that app only. When I switch to another app, or to the home-screen, the EQ stops working and the sound drops/goes flat.

I think what we need is a "global" equalizer that affects all applications, not just a specific music player. I'd even be willing to pay a buck or two for that!