Still No froyo update for my EVO 4GSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bosonaa

Bosonaa New Member This Topic's Starter

***I am not sure if this has already been answered, but can't find it. So, I am starting a new thread. Please close this if there is similar thread exists.

I have not received a froyo update on my EVO 4G. Once I waited long enough, here is what I have tried so far to get the update.

- NO update via OTA so far.
    - Reset the phone to a factory setting, no luck.
    - Manually tried going to setting --> System Update --> HTC software update --> check Now and have been getting "Your phone is up to date" for over a week now.
    - Tried to install it myself by downloading the zip file. Followed all recommended steps. Tried this at least 3 different times, using different zip files I downloaded from different locations. I kept on getting "signature verification failed"
    - Called sprint, transferred to several tech support people, who knew nothing about android 2.2 (froyo)
    - Went to sprint store, and was told to give it another week or so before they consider this as an issue.

The only option I have left is to accidentally throw the phone under a Bus and get a brand new one since I got full insurance from Radio shack.

Any one? Any idea?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

Just click check now in the htc software update, if you can't get it to work contact htc or sprint. and if you still cant get it to work demand a replacement.

3. FunDroid

FunDroid Banned

If you have tried updating it manually and that still didn't work take it to a Sprint Corp. store and have them look at it.

4. SDbirdman

SDbirdman Active Member

Dude same thing was happening to me. try looking for the update without the SD card in the phone. mine wasnt letting me get the update cuz i had a root file on my SD card (although my phone was not rooted.) as soon as i removed the file everything worked just fine. hope this helps!

5. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Someone else couldn't update with the un official 2.2. Was going on and on about it. Turned out, bought on Craigslist and it had been rooted. He downloaded an app that required rooting and was able to use it. You aren't in similar situation, are you?

6. Bosonaa

Yeah. I had mine rooted.

7. synical

synical Well-Known Member

Try updating your PRL and maybe profile. I didn't get the update until after I updated my PRL.

8. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

9. Bosonaa

I have done that and that is the part where I get the "signature verification failed". So, I finally decided to un-rooted it, and yeah I get the OTA update.

Now the issues is that, every time I check, I get the Android 2.2 update, so I install it and I get the success message. But, when it is all done and phone starts up, my phone is still 2.1. I can do this all day long and still my phone never makes it to upgrade.

10. Bosonaa

update: After doing the update process over and over for about 4 or 5 times, if finally got upgraded to Android 2.2