Still no Update :)Support

Last Updated:

1. winky

winky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I have the GSM HTC Hero (w/ chin) and have yet to receive the update. I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to. I would rather not root my phone. I have tried pushing the date up and still nothing. Can anyone help?

My build # is: 2.73.421.5

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

Are you connected to a wifi on it?

3. winky

Yes I am. All the time.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Have a look at this thread. This is what we recommend if you can't get the update.

To summarise, if the tricks I mention don't make the OTA update appear (one trick being the date change), you need to upgrade to the most recent 1.5 firmware.

5. winky

Thanks for the reply. I actually read that thread and tried everything on there already. When I go to the HTC site to download a newer ROM, I am told "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device."

I am not in the UK but in Albania on a local carrier. Does that mean I have no chance of getting the update?

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Winky, take a look at this post - the procedure should work on any branded firmware. You'll find a link to the most recent generic HTC firmware here.

winky likes this.
  7. Xyro

My google-fu skills are letting me down; I can't tell what branding the 2.73.421.5 firmware has. Obviously you don't have an unbranded phone, or the HTC website would let you download the ROM.

Unless your network's own website has details about the update, I'd go with what Slug suggested.

8. winky

Okay, I went through the steps in this post. I am unable to download ROM version 2.73.405.5 as I'm still getting the same message that this download is not compatible with my phone. So, I downloaded the Android 2.1 (AOSP) but don't know what to do with that as it does not give me any steps to follow.

9. Xyro

Don't bother with the AOSP thing, it's not a ROM as such.

This actually came up already in the thread Slug linked you to, you can view the full thread via the link if you want to. But yeah, you can get the firmware from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=559622

winky likes this.
  10. winky

Thanks, guys. It worked. You guys are great!