Still Not Comfortable With The IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. blackbook88

blackbook88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a motorola droid since the day it came out and for some reason I cant get to that fully comfortable feeling with my incredible. I don't know why but it just feels like something isn't right with it.
    First I don't get how Facebook is supposed to work with the whole sense ui. Once i set Facebook to sync with my contact I still have to go through and manually link about 70% of my contacts, what's the deal with that?
    After a few days of use I feel the phone gets a bit laggy and less smooth running, If I've been running the phone for a few days and open up a game like doodle jump the gameplay will be a bit laggy and then if I do a battery pull to get it all goes back to normal. Also sometimes when I open up the app tray it sometimes glitches a bit as it pops open, does that happen with anyone else?
    When I'm typing really fast sometimes the spacebar doesn't always work. After I type up a whole message I'll notice it's missing a lot of spaces.
    I've done a few different things to troubleshoot this problem like a hard reset, factory reset and only ran a few apps that shouldn't be causing problems. Note, each time I did a reset I went back to using the same google account.
    I just want to get my phone running nicely and not keep thinking I have to do a factory reset or what ever to get it running smoothly, If I can't get fully satisfied I might have to move to the Moto X which I'd rather not do as I really do like the device and I know its loaded with the right hardware and it looks great I just want it all to work great. Could my phone be backing something up from google from my moto droid that's making it run not right? The only thing I really sync with google are contacts, and gmail.

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Opposite for me. Only thing I miss is the keyboard, but Droid's is weak anyways. All personal preference and seems like you would be best to try other devices out if not happy.

"Beer", it's what's for dinner.

3. blackbook88

blackbook88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I still feel if I fix these few problems I could love the phone. Such as lag and facebook sync. Does anyone else notice these issues?

4. OurWorldsGreatest

OurWorldsGreatest New Member

Every phone is going to experience lag and have hiccups no matter how good the specs. The incredible has by far been the smoothest, fastest and most lag free phone I've ever used. Just because you notice a small glitch or tiny bit of lag does not mean you have to do a factory reset. All operating systems have glitches and droid is no exception. With froyo just around the corner I'm sure many of these glitches will be fixed.

For facebook, you have to link 70% of your contacts because these people don't have their phone number listed on facebook, hence the phone has no way of linking the two without user input..

As for the Droid X, you'll most likely experience all of these things as well. The specs are pretty much the same except for the 720p camera (which will undoubtedly be unlocked in the inc) and the gigantic screen.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

facebook sync you will have to do manually if you do not have the people's name exactly how it is on facebook. And i have no lag issue at all with my phone

6. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

The Facebook syncing has nothing to do with having the phone number on the Facebook site, it's all about the name being the same. None of my friends put their numbers on Facebook, that's a bad idea.