Still occasional lag in Froyo, am I the only one?Support

Last Updated:

1. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if anyone else still sees occasional lag with Froyo? I was thinking this update would make the phone run smooth 100% of the time, but maybe my expectations are too high. For instance, the unlock slider is smoother most of the time, but it still hangs every once in a while. Also, occasionally there are pauses when jumping around on the screens in Launcher Pro.

To be honest, to me the phone doesn't really feel any faster (as far as transitions, load times, etc) compared to using Launcher Pro and 2.1. It is still lightning fast compared to my old Blackberry Storm.

Advertisement
  2. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Maybe I've just made this up in my head lol but a lot of the time I think of the unlock delay as the phone waking up. Generally when it's locked and the screen is off the phone is sleeping. I'm sure it takes a second or two to "wake up" once you hit a button. Generally I turn on the screen and unlock pretty much all at once. It seems like I noticed before when my phone wasn't sleeping properly that the unlock slide wouldn't have the exact same delay. I kind of look at it like a good thing that way! LOL

3. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member

Not just you bro. Overall it's been great, but Ive got a few hangs after moving to 2.2, stuff that never happened with 2.1.

4. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

Same issues here. I was expecting a noticeable speed increase and it's not there yet

5. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After playing around with it a bit more, I do think it is faster, but it isn't a "hit you in the face" speed increase. It is the smaller things, like scrolling through your contacts, or through your latest RSS feeds. Before there would be lag but now it is smooth. There is still a bit of a hiccup when I use Launcher Pro to see all of the home screens, and also the unlock slider occasionally skips. You know what's funny, my wife has the original Droid and in 2.1 (and now 2.2) her slider is perfectly smooth every single time. WTF did Motorola change the code for something so simple?

6. maxwellimus

maxwellimus Well-Known Member

Mine felt sluggish but after I emptied the cache, it was back to normal.

To do so go back to recovery:

Power +home, then Info key.

And instead of installing the update.zip, go down to the bottom of the list and you'll see erase cache partition or something. Basically it gets rid of your previously loaded websites and such.

And voila, it's sooo much smoother.