Still on Fresh .02, help unlocking NAND please.

Last Updated:

1. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my EVO back before the dev's figured out how to unlock NAND. I'm running Fresh .02 with radio 1.39.00.05.31. What is the fastest and easiest way to get to NAND unlocked so I can say run CM6 or a Rooted OTA version of 2.2?

I'm asking specifically about this because it appears my radio version is not supported by Unrevoked4Ever methods nor SimpleRoot.

I'll be blunt too, treat me like a moron, extra explanation is not frowned up on here.

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Use the search button,I'm sure u'll find plenty of write ups on how to unlock nand. As far as Simply Root I believe it works based on ur software build not the radio,can someone please correct m if I'm wrong here.

3. flukeSG2

According to the SimpleRoot website it currently only works with 1.47.651.1, I read through the comments and he mentioned that to someone. So can I just update the radio without having to update firmware? This is why I'm asking for some assistance, not because I can't use the search button, but because it as far as I can see, hasn't been brought up before.

4. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Yes, you can just update the radio without the firmware, but while your at updating the radio might as well update the wimax too.

5. flukeSG2

I've actually been trying to do that for the last 45 minutes but can't seem to remember how to do it, so I started to re-read TheBiles Idiot guide to unlock NAND but I can't seem to get ahold of the PC36IMG-eng .zip file he said I needed.

I downloaded the new radio and wimax you had linked in your thread t0ast, and I was going to try the simpleroot method, but the radio is newer than what he said worked. Forgive me for being unfamiliar with all this stuff, I'm trying to learn.

6. exBBuser

7. flukeSG2

I can give that a try, I was worried about being partially rooted already though. I followed TheBiles Idiot guide back before NAND was unlocked, so I wasn't sure how the simpleroots would work then.

8. flukeSG2

Do any of you guys know in the 3 step simpleroot, I'm already rooted I guess Part 1 if you want to call that, can I just skip to the 2nd button "Unlock Nand" in Simpleroot? Or is it safe to start all over again with step 1?

9. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

Rerooting is harmless, but if it's already done correctly, I'd just skip over to unlocking nand.

10. exBBuser

Why in hell do want to skip the most important step in the rooting process. U can start all over if u which it wont do any harm to ur phone.

11. flukeSG2

Thank you Toast and Uminchu for being the only 2 people to actually read and answer some of my questions, you are helping, unlike another person who seems to just want to put a comment in every thread.

If re-rooting is harmless I will just use the 3 Step Simpleroot.

Edit: Ok, all seems to be well, I used the Simpleroot .2 version and everything seemed to work fine. I had to flash recovery twice, because the first time I didn't have a ROM ready to go on the SD Card, but once I did and hit the step 3 button I was able to update my radio and wipe everything. So now I intead to try out a few ROMS and I thank you guys for your help.

12. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. Something to thing to keep in mind if you happened to be using Amon RA recovery: There's an USB-MS toggle option that works just like disk drive mode in Android; you can copy a ROM, a recovery image or a radio to the card from recovery mode, then toggle back to the main menu and flash it.

flukeSG2 and eric3316 like this.
  13. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

That is good to know. Is there anywhere I can read what everything does in the recovery. Not sure what everything stands for and when and why to use it......

14. flukeSG2

Well if a noob can help a noob....

I don't have it open right now, but isn't there wipe data/dalvik? That should reset the data on your phone to factory, then there is wipe cache pretty much same as last, nandroid makes a custom backup and recovery in case anything bad happens with a new rom you might be trying...I can't remember anything else on the list xD

15. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member