• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still on Three's £15/month Unlimited Data/Tethering Plan, But...

Andy8732

Lurker
Feb 15, 2017
I'm still on three's unlimited data and tethering plan for £15 per month.

Recently i ordered a 4G phone from amazon, the Oukitel K6000 Pro, it needed a micro sim card so i got a replacement sim sent to me.

Once i put the new sim card in and started using tethering i got the tethering/hotspot warning after just 4GB usage.

I then had a look on mythree and and sure enough there was a new 4GB tethering addon added onto my plan that wasn't there before switching sim cards.

This is where it gets strange, if i put the new sim into my old 3G phone, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, i can still use unlimited tethering, no thethering warning or message ever pops up.

So, does anyone know why i can't use unlimited tethering on the new phone? and is there any way to get it to work like the old phone?

I've tried using 3g only but nothing seems to work, i always get a message from three saying i need to buy a hotspot addon for more data.

Have you spoken to Three about this, since it's really a question about their service? Did you agree to a change in your tariff when you got the new SIM? If your tariff is unchanged and still says unlimited data and tethering then the add on may be an error.

I can only speculate as to why you don't get this with the old handset. Certainly their system knows what handset you are using, but I'd think it's more likely a glitch if it isn't applying it with the old handset than a deliberate choice. In any event the answer will be in their systems rather than the phone.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones