Still relevant?General

Last Updated:

1. EchoX860

EchoX860 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this Phone still relevant? I'll probably be getting one for Christmas. I'm curious if this phone will get the Update after Froyo, or should I pick up something like the Fascinate

Advertisement
  2. taiwaneezy

taiwaneezy Member

I sure hope so, cus I upgraded to this from the POS Eris.

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

With Samsung's history, I'd say we probably have alot better chance of getting updates than the Fascinate. LOL. Besides, we are rooted, in other words... the updates WILL come.

4. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

the incredible HD might be out before christmas but that seems a completely different phone in many reguards compared to the original Incredible.

5. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

Well, my two year contract with Verizon would indicate that the phone is relevant to me for at least another year and a half or so. :)

NightAngel79 and Rdjr74 like this.
  6. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

The Inc still has as good of specs as any other phone, sans screen size which is (not my) personal preference.

I have a coworker with the Fascinate and I thoroughly dislike it. It's barely Android, AND he only has 2.1 right now.

The Inc is a solid phone choice, and it's really cheap right now!

7. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

If you want to hold out for a phone that will work on Verizon's LTE network when it comes out (if it comes out) you could always hold out. Truth is, the Fascinate is pretty much the Incredible with minimal differences. Samsung is just 5-6 months behind HTC in development. The next true leap will be made with dual processors and LTE. Until then, any of the top of the line Verizon Smartphones will do. Pick the one that YOU think has the best display and has the best UI for YOU.

euph_22 likes this.
  8. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

still relevant until LTE rolls out. lots of rumors of dual core running ginberbread. the next OS will definitely support front facing camera which hopefully competes with ios. I'm not upgrading until first half of next year.

9. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

We will get more Updates[​IMG]

10. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Relevant

11. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Um...I'm assuming every version past 2.1 supports FFC (the EVO has one).

12. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I would say wait until mid Nov when a lot of new VZW droids are supposed to drop, go to the store to put your hands on all of them and then decide.

13. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

sprint worked with Qik to support the Evo ffc. the android sdk alone did not support the feature...next update will allow google to service video chat and not rely on 3rd party...sorry if i was vague.

14. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

I upgraded to the Fascinate and have since traded it for the Incredible. IMO the Incredible is faster than the fascinate (even though the processors are both 1ghz) and the size is right for me. The Fascinate had a beautiful screen but that was about the only thing it had going for it. My only two complaints about the Incredible are the battery life and Sense. I've rooted so Sense is no longer an issue and there are some little tweaks you can do to help the battery. I sure hope this phone stays relevant.

15. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Look we have a truly awesome phone. There are plenty of people that keep phones 3 or 4 years, well past the 'normal' life of the phone. I wouldn't trade my phone for ANY device out now. Period. Is it relevant? Of course it is... Will it get future updates, well only the future will tell but my money is on Inc getting more updates then any samsung out now...

16. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Samsung phones NEVER live up to the hipe! They are ALWAYS a dissapointment! I've had several! HTC works much better.

I am a techie (IT Engineer) and I have checked out the new phones and there STILL isn't anything I'd even CONSIDER trading my DInc for! HTC is still advertizing the Incredible on TV as well as Verizon!

Still relevant? DUDE!

17. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

Considering the fact that HTC/Verizon is still heavily advertising the phone, specifically on TV, I'd say it's absolutely still relevant. I think it's up there w/ any other phone on the market right now when you consider all things (specs, Verizon, 2.2, Android). The new "Merge" (I think that's what it's being referred to as) coming out looks intriguing, but it's basically just an Incredible w/ a nice keyboard.

18. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

I absolutely love my Incredible and wouldn't trade it for another phone.

Still, the most frustrating part is that since being released there still are almost NO accessories available for it. No car dock (other than that Pro-Clip that costs as much as the phone--the OEM Verizon car dock is a useless waste of money), no desktop charging dock... only various cases.

I did get the video cable, though... that hooks the phone up to a TV. Haven't found a practical use for it, but I'm sure it will come in handy for movies or video games someday.

19. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I saw another commercial for the Inc just last night!