Still seeing issues with screen separation and battery?

Last Updated:

1. david456

david456 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm deciding between what appears to be a common conundrum: Evo or Droid X. I was leaning towards the Droid X, but now I'm not so sure. Verizon and Sprint both have fairy similar coverage in New York (that I'm aware of), but Verizon's plan costs more than sprint's does, which is kind of a large turnoff. The previous deciding factors were issues with HTC's build quality (scree separation) and poor battery life. I wanted to know if these issues are real concerns, or just hyped up complaints that dont accurately reflect the phone.

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Yes quite a few people have had build quality issues and battery issues however I am not one of them. I have had a great experience with the EVO and am a longtime Sprint customer. Having said that your Mileage may vary... Who do you currently have service with? Are you familiar with Android? In no way will I say that the issues people have had weren't real but I think quite a few of them have been sensationalized and user fixable. You do have a 30 day trial with Sprint to try the phone out.... Does Verizon do the same thing?

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

And what makes you think the Droid won't have it's issues.

Want to avoid issues, wait to buy ANY phone until it has been out 6 months.

The Dorian likes this.
  4. david456

david456 Member This Topic's Starter

i'm currently with at&t (on an iphone) moving to new york in a few months, and my old iphone barely gets service in new york, so i have limited time, but it seems as though the screen separation has not been as bad as people are saying. about the battery life, from a real user, does it last one day without needing a charge?

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Depends how much you use it. I surf sometimes 4 hours at a time so no. But i also have 1 spare battaty on me all times so who cares. Non issue.

The rest of the problems reported here affect a tiny number of phones. Sprint has sold at least 300,000 and what, maybe 30 reports of problems posted here?? Just do the math.

6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I'm curious if the people who reported screen separation carried their phones in their pockets as opposed to a holster. Perhaps the stress of a tight fit caused the separation?

7. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

I haven't had any of the issues that other people have had. And my battery lasts through the day with light/moderate use. As with anything, use it alot and the battery will drain. I thumped Pandora throughout the house yday for most of the afternoon, phn calls, txting, and dloaded and tested a few apps from appbrain. Was STILL trying to kill my battery last night at 11pm with only 7% remaining. I youtubed till it died finally.

8. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

More often than not this is the case for me as well. I average about 16 hours on a charge with moderate to heavy use (a lot of phone calls).

9. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Two EVO's in my household. One purchase on launch day and another about two weeks ago. No problems with either and I read the forums and look for problems. They're both perfect. On top of that, you cannot beat Sprint's plans... unlimited data, less money, and you get alot more extras. Check out the Unlimited Data 450 plan.. its great.

10. ltam20

ltam20 New Member

Battery problems are no longer an issue, for me at least, ever since the last update. I can easily get through the day with moderate use. Haven't had any screen issues either.

11. link00seven

link00seven Well-Known Member

Just curious: Regarding battery, what is your guys uptime? Like, everyone says "I got 18 hours on a charge" but how much of that was actual usage? I'm looking to get an EVO here (as soon as I find it in stock somewhere) and mostly use my current smartphone listen to music during the workday (streaming Pandora or just listening to what's stored) as well as some texting and checking email/facebook/twitter.

I'd just like to see some numbers if possible. Thanks!