Still using/like your 'EVO 4G LTE' ?

How do you feel about Sprint's EVO 4G LTE Phone?

1. I love it.

106 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. I hate it.

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. I'll decide when I (personally) see it.

24 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. I like it, but the non-removable batt scares the heck out-of-me.

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. It's a nice phone, but I don't like HTC Sense.

4 vote(s)
    2.8%

Last Updated:

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Accessories for the One X made me take a step back in the "like" department for this phone. I wish I could say it wasn't a "big deal" for me, but now that I've experienced Motorola's accessories...not sure I can go backwards in that department. And for those saying, "just use universal"...not the same thing either. Motorola just found a way to really focus on productivity and use, rather than making their accessories look "pretty."

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Without any doubt of what's being said about this phone, I'm getting this bad boy no matter what.

I'm not a Samsung or Motorola lover @all. HTC.. Quietly Brilliant [​IMG]
  3. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

OG EVO owner since it dropped June 4th 2010. I've been tempted by other devices 3VO, Mopho, E4GT. Finally, what I like most about LTEVO is this device with out question has me ready to dive in "Water is just fine, jump on in!" I like also how this just screams high end device. Brushed aluminum camera button, brushed aluminum band around the out side. Beautiful Two tone matte rubberized black with polished black polycarbonate top. The ever present EVO Red ring around the camera lens. Tasteful full red band and kickstand. IMHO this thing looks almost too good for a protective case. To me this screams high class and high end device. Mean looking and graceful at the same time. I won't get started on the spec's ROFL. :)
    PattiCakeUS, AM2, Rush and 2 others like this.
  4. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

The specs on this phone are amazing, and what's better is that it's all gonna be for only $200! :D
    PattiCakeUS, AM2, RichboyJhae and 2 others like this.
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

My thoughts exactly... The EVO 4G LTE wasn't just a rush product, it was a well made device. The video in one of my posts - prove that.

I'm quite sure that when we actually see it, it will look much better in person than on any video. Haha.

I need this phone like yesterday, too bad I have to wait until my upgrade eligibility takes effect. [​IMG]
  6. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

I also completely agree!

When I upgraded from my HTC Hero last summer, I had the opportunity to get either an EVO or EVO 3D.

I chose the EVO, because, honesty, I have absolutely no use for a 3D camera in my phone. While I do shoot video as a hobby and do work sometimes on video crews, I have never shot video with my phone. I also rarely shoot still photos with my phone, so the 3D is completely useless for me.

My opinion, the 3D is just a marketing gemic, and honestly, I am glad to see that the developers of the LTEVO did not waste their time on 3D, and instead increased the onboard memory, added the LTE and improved the camera.

While I love my EVO, the increased onboard memory, and the LTE might tempt me to upgrade early.
  7. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

Quick question: is the little opening at the bottom of the phone the back speaker?

[​IMG]
  8. RichboyJhae

RichboyJhae Well-Known Member

This is marginally off topic, but I think the 3evo gets an undeserved bad rep. It seems people thought the 3D on the phone was holding it back, which was so clearly not the case. Consider it's distant sibling, the Sensation, which only held a 3 megapixel advantage over it. Other than that, the 3evo had a larger battery, more RAM/ROM, was overall faster and of course had added 3D capabilities in screen and cameras, all at the same price. Had El Tevo included 3D, I don't think they would have sacrificed other areas.
  9. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Yea, so many people got tunnel vision with the 3D aspect and based the phone purely on 3D capabilities, and not the other great features the phone had, which, at the time, were ahead of the class. It really surprised me how blind people could be.
  10. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

If it is, this will be the beefiest speaker we've ever seen on an Evo. Those of you who had the OG Evo can attest the speaker was quite good, but this speaker looks to be really, really good.

[​IMG]
    BenChase7 likes this.
  11. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

This definitely makes me pretty excited. Back when the EVO 4G was out, I wanted to get it, but I had no want to pay an extra 10 bucks to my father for the 4G that wasn't even in WI. Now with all smartphones needed 10 extra bucks for 'Premium Data', No reason for me to pass this up at all. The new HTC Sense looks amazing compared to TouchWiz, I just can't wait to get my hands on this! Too bad my upgrade is in September, but I definitely plan on waiting for this one without a doubt. Sammy won't really wow me this year with the SGSIII plus LG and Moto are kinda... Lackluster to me. I gotta grab this phone definitely!
  12. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

I'm 99% sure that the speaker is the "Slit directly above where you pointed to, it's about an inch in width
    RichboyJhae likes this.
  13. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

^..And that you are. [​IMG]

P.s. I remember reading somewhere, that the back cover on the One X's, will now have holes where the speaker is suppose to be, for better sound quality.
  14. Covert_Death

i thought they always did? its in the same spot as the LTEVO, under the beats logo...

[​IMG]
  15. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Well... I'm hoping this speaker performs at least as well as the OG Evo. The Evo 3D speaker is pretty weak and tinny.

In other news, I just did the math on the pixel density (this might be published somewhere, but it was quicker to just derive it), and it's 312ppi. Retina by Apple's standard, and it's not half-assed with PenTile.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  16. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Unfortunately, Sprint's version (Evo 4G LTE) back cover will look completely different. I kinda prefer how the One X back cover looks. And another thing I love about the One X, is the curve shape of the device.

I guess "you can't have your cake and eat it too." :)
  17. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

Me 4ourth

Agreed! Luke your force is strong! lol!

Your math is good! HTC also has that info there on their site, I'm not quick on the math as you :(.

I was thinking now that LTEvo as a dedicated shutter button, it's perfect when your recording just keep your hand on top and hit the shutter! It's probably a few seconds of a difference, but I think it sweet!
  18. Covert_Death

right right i know that lol. I misunderstood you i guess, i thought you were under the impression that the ONE X did not have holes as that is the phone you mentioned.
  19. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

in general.. i dont like the speakerphone in the back... I watch vids on the front, but the sound goes out the back???

if you are correct.. and that was the speaker on the bottom side...
    and I was playing a game.. my hand/palm would totally block the speaker.

i would like to see them put the speakers on the front...
    maybe at the bottom (front screen)... so that you dont accident put hat to your ear.
  20. drexappeal

Although, one thing I can say, dan, is the rear speaker when using the kickstand does reverberate nicely off the surface of a table when using the kickstand and watching a movie or video. The photon speaker is in a similar place and the sound is great.
    AM2 likes this.
  21. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

But.. I bet it sounds better from behind
  22. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. There can be an amplification effect from tables/surfaces that can result in greater sound than just listening to it from the direction of the speaker.

I'll also note The Verge's review of the HTC One X:

23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

For most audiophile systems, Dan is right. For a phone, we'll see. The speaker aperture forms a distinct type of horn making it a compression driver. A megaphone is a simple horn. Horns increase overall volume but create inaccuracies at various frequencies that can be predicted easily by the horn geometry.

But I don't think that we're starting with a highly accurate speaker to begin with.

In the end, all we care about is if it's good enough to sound decent. That's the big challenge for any phone.

My mileage was great voice performance on my Evo on the kickstand, and not great on my 3vo compared to that regardless of how I positioned it. OK, but not great. Music lovers may have other opinions. (And there was a lot of varying mileage on both phones, those were just how it worked for me.)

I would like an excellent sounding phone on a kickstand, but I will gladly settle for as good as my Evo.

Just 2 cents. :)
    AM2 likes this.
  24. drexappeal

Strangely enough, it doesn't. I listen to NBA games on my phone, when I'm out and don't want to bother watching the stream through the browser. There have been a few occasions where I thought turning the phone around and looking at the back cover would make for better sound, but I found that cupping the back of the phone near the speaker had a better result, than actually turning the phone around.

Although, I obviously can't tell if it will be the same for the LTEvo.

25. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

the quote you have here.. is about the OneX... the EVO 4G LTE is different.

OneX's backspeaker is on the back to the right side.
    LTevo is on the back towards the bottom.

just guessing by what I see... when the LTevo is laying down.. the camera lens will lift the top part... and making the speaker hole more covered by the table surface.