Stock 1.5 BrowserGeneral

Last Updated:

1. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Would any1 be able to copy and upload the stock browser from Android 1.5?

I read somewhere that the Gmail issue would MAYBE be an Incompatibility with the Internet App, wanna try some things out,

TY In advance ^^

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

i looked for a way to pull the stock browser out, but i wasnt able to find it anywhere. ill look again. the thing is though, if you want to edit a stock/htc app, you cant re-sign it. so you can edit till the cows come home, but re-installation is impossible.

3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Fyi, I think gmail uses the webview action to show the images. It's the same thing used by the apps that don't show web links, like urban spoon. Gmail gives the same response in the debugging tool, when trying to load images, as urban spoon gives when you try to read restaurant reviews.

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

so does that mean you know of a way to fix it?
    one of the versions, either 2.1v1 or 1.5 showed pics in gmail, i dont see why this one doesnt.

5. Jayse

Jayse Well-Known Member

It's actually never worked in any of the 2.1 leaks. Only in 1.5. And setting a different browser as default doesn't work. Some said that it was an app error and that it's google's responsibility to fix. But i'm not so sure on that.

6. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you can find the apk in Astro if u got to / System / apps.

My thought, probably wrong, is that they renamed Browser to Internet and Gmail is looking for "Browser" not internet. I'm also hoping i can install a program named "Browser" alongside "Internet" and continue using "Internet" as my defualt app