Stock 2.1 News and Weather Widget on IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. AndyH

AndyH Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Incredibles!

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion for how to port the News and Weather Widget from stock 2.1 do the Incredible. I had it on my Moto Droid (now the wife's phone), and I really prefer it to the HTC Flip-clock. I like how unobtrusive it is.

So, any thoughts/suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

Bump. I really really really liked that app on my Droid after 2.1 was released, I hate to say it's a deal breaker, but I have yet to find an integrated News app that gave all those options and all those sources. :(

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

4. AndyH

AndyH Active Member This Topic's Starter

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Pretty much anything will work just fine, no need to "port".

6. Bond111

Bond111 Active Member

What about a widget or app that is like the Sense Weather where it has the clouds and lightning if it's storming out, to put on my wifes Moto droid? She really likes it on my Inc.

7. Bond111

Bond111 Active Member

Anyone know??

8. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

That won't work because that is with the sense user interface as a whole. So she'd have to buy a sense ui device in order for that to happen.

9. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Weather & Toggle Widget - Android app on AppBrain

One of the skins (listed as h7c - I wonder what that is supposed to be :cool:) looks basically identical to the Sense flip clock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: I just realized there's probably some sort of wholly separate weather-only widget that Sense has which is what you were talking about. Oh well. The weather icon in the middle there changes based on weather. A 3 day forecast pops up if you click the weather icon. Also there are a huge number of skins for it.

10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Weather Widget Donate OR Beautiful Widgets will both give you the look and feel of the Sense weather widget.

11. 2k2s2k

2k2s2k Well-Known Member

This is kinda unrelated but does the clock not actually flip for anyone else? Mine just changes numbers but the umber doesn't actually flip down like I've seen with other phones that have sense.

12. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

13. thecrazing

thecrazing Well-Known Member

Correct. You'll need to wait until someone makes an animated widget for home++, which is the home-replacement that supports animated and scrollable widgets. And, of course, you'll also need to use home++. I wouldn't hold your breath, though, there are a lot of factors there conspiring against you.

For starters, BW had an injunction from HTC for their sense-look-alike. Their work around was to have a less Sense-y default theme, and then allow third party 'skins' to come into play, and let someone else make a Sense-looking skin. But once you start getting into animated, the dev time probably goes up, which means people wouldn't make just a 'skin' for it, and probably means they'd have to have a stand-alone animated Sense-ish widget specifically for home++. Not only is home++ not that popular to encourage a lot of people to make animated widgets, but it also means whoever makes it would probably want to charge for it.. but then that means HTC brings out their legal team again and shuts the whole thing down.

Your avatar is awesome.

14. kimf

kimf Active Member

That weather and news widget in post #3 is awesome! I installed it for the news part and it is so useful. Thank you!

15. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Can you install just the news part?