Stock 2.2 Mail appSupport

Last Updated:

1. deetz

deetz New Member This Topic's Starter

So I installed the stock froyo mail apk on my EVO from the link here:
    http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-incredible/135630-vanilla-2-2-mail-apk.html

I now have a combined mailbox view with my corporate exchange and gmail accounts in one view.

Now I am stuck on 3 things, wondering if there is a solution/workaround:

1) Is there a mail widget that shows the unread mail count on a shortcut on the home screen for all the mailboxes or individual mailboxes?

2) Is there a scrollable widget that can show previews of the combined or individual mailboxes

3) In the google search settings, it only shows the HTC Mail app as an area to search. Is there a way to modify this so it searches the new combined mail app?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

All I can contribute is that LauncherPro has mail count settings available. Not sure if they would help you.

There are some scrollable mail apps, but not likely any to work with 2.2 just yet, and they will be paid apps.

3. deetz

deetz New Member This Topic's Starter

I thought the LauncherPro mail counter only shows the count from Gmail, is there one in LauncherPro for Exchange mail as well that i am missing?

4. DWayneWood

DWayneWood New Member

So, I put installed the 'updated' apk from the linked article and played around and decided it really didn't give me anymore more than I use. It is nice, but I am pretty happy with the HTC mail app. So, I go to uninstall it and get "Uninstall Failed".

Any help?