Stock 2.2. Where do I go to root?

Last Updated:

1. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for advice on the simplest and easiest way to root. I know theres something that wipes the phone, rolls back to 2.1 and then roots it. I just got my second evo because my first overheats. It came with 2.2, is that an issue?

What do I need to know about roms? I hear fresh evo is a good one. I don't mind losing all the sprint stuff as well as HTC. I prefer launcher pro so any widget loss doesn't bother me.

If anyone can just throw me a few links? I heard about the method to rollback 2.2, root it then whatever, but everywhere I found today from that day says that a simpler method should be out in a couple weeks. It has been a month, is there a simple point and click method yet?

Advertisement
  2. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

3. WaynesNside

WaynesNside Well-Known Member

Check out the link in my sig also. I did this and it all works like a charm. No ROMS yet, but rooted and working just fine.

4. nintennuendo

What do I need to worry about? What about 4G and the camera. I heard there were issues with getting those to work with other ROMs, is that fixed now? I'm thinking of trying fresh evo

5. nintennuendo

Also if I do a full wipe, it isn't going to wipe the settings for my number, is it? As soon as its up I can still make and receive texts and calls, right?

6. WaynesNside

WaynesNside Well-Known Member

I know my camera worked just fine when I flashed the stock rooted ROM. No problems with numbers or texts. I'm not sure about the custom ROMs though, it seems they each have certain things that work differently.