Stock 3Dgallery pulling all my mp3 tags....Tips

Last Updated:

1. vinnyt225

vinnyt225 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys so i just recently put all my music on my sd card. i also had the android froyo 3dgallery installed. well after i put all my music in, whenever i open the 3dgallery app, all/most of my music folders show up. Is this the default action for the app? cuz i cant find a way to assign a location for the app. anyone else have this similar issue? thanks

p.s::: im running stock with froyo 2.2

Advertisement
  2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

You need a file inside your music folder. Make a file and name it ".nomedia"

That should keep the pictures from showing up in the gallery. Works with every folder you want to hide pictures, just add a copy of that file.

EDIT: Here's the nomedia file, just extract and place that file in the root music folder. It SHOULD keep album pictures from showing up in Gallery.

Attached Files:

v8dreaming, drexappeal and vinnyt225 like this.
  3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

That will also keep the Music app from finding the music files.

I think that if you preface the image file names with "AlbumArt_", e.g. AlbumArt_something_Small.jpg", the Gallery will ignore the image while allowing the Music app to find the music.

I think that because my album art images do not show up in the Gallery, without the .nomedia file in the folder. :)

drexappeal and vinnyt225 like this.
  4. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

I've had a problem with this for a while myself but using the .nomedia file has never worked for me. Just on the outside chance this file that was put together and uploaded to the board here was different somehow, I downloaded it, extracted the file to the STOCK "Music" folder (actually unzipped it on my desktop then just moved it over) and I still am not getting anything accomplished. :( ES File Explorer tells me the file is NOT there, but I can view the file being there via a bluetooth connection from my Windows 7 machine. The file doesn't prevent my stock music app from seing the music folders either, so I'm at a loss here. Anymore help would be greatly appreciated, not only from me but I'm sure the original poster as well. Thanks.

vinnyt225 likes this.
  5. vinnyt225

COOL it works!! thanks!!

UPDATE:::

the file will not let the music apps update...

is there anyother solutions?

6. vinnyt225

instantkarma and quickdraw are right.... since i tag all of my music from mediamonkey, do u guys think deleting all the images from my music folder will work?