Stock Android Keyboard?

Last Updated:

1. Balczak

Balczak Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to use the stock android keyboard on this phone? I can't find it in the settings.

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

WHY?!?!?

Sorry but after using the Nexus One with stock Android keyboard for a few months (since day 1 when it came out), I can honestly say this keyboard is WAY better.

Seriously, the biggest gripe I had with the Android keyboard was positioning the cursor in the right spot to fix/edit text. With iPhone you could do this by placing the cursor where you want but it's still hard. With Sense Keyboard you have arrow keys which I would argue are even better. It takes some getting used to yes, but like all good things, you have to be patient.

3. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

I actually like the stock keyboard better as well. I wish the EVO had a similar cursor placement as the iPhone.

IMO the arrow keys are a nice idea, but the layout is TERRIBLE! They are huge (makes all other keys smaller), take up too much space and are lined up in a row instead of a d-pad style.

Sometimes I wish I could submit design ideas to HTC or google. There are so many little things like that is quite frustrating.

4. danielg

danielg Active Member

Try Swype. IMO the greatest keyboard evar.