stock calendar questions

Last Updated:

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the stock calendar:

Is there a way to change the snooze time?

And is there a way for the calendar to handle contacts' bdays and anniversaries?

Advertisement
  2. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

To change the snooze time, press on the appointment, on the next window that opens you will see the snooze time just press that. You can change it to 5 minutes to 1 week.

I think you will have to put in the bdays and anniversaries for each person you want, you can make them repeating for each year. I don't think the calendar will be populated by the contacts. At least it hasn't for me but I just tried it out.

3. jmt9779

that's not the snooze time, that's the reminder time. i'm talking about when a reminder pops up and you get opportunity to hit the snooze on it. default is about 10 minutes, but i'm hoping there's a way to change that.

i think you're right about the bdays and anniversaries. it's annoying because coming from my blackberry, i had those all entered on each contact in the address book which linked them to my calendar. looks like i'm gonna have to do it manually on my droid though. sucks, but at least i have an answer and is really only a minor annoyance. thanks man.

4. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

You do the birthdays from google calendar. Go to google calendar on a web browser, then at the bottom left under other calendars add a new one then look for the 'contacts birthdays' and add it. It will take those dates from your sync'ed gmail contacts.

5. jmt9779

Just did it. Worked great. Thanks!