Stock Camera app force closesSupport

Last Updated:

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

Not sure what happened but my stock camera app now force closes. I installed another camera app called angel camera, could that have an adverse affect on the stock app.

I am rooted, and not sure what to do here to get the stock camera app working again. I have also shutdown the phone and restarted it with no luck, so any help is appreciated.

2. jjohnbubby5

jjohnbubby5 Well-Known Member

Try clearing the cache
  3. Woodstock77

Woodstock77 Well-Known Member

You didnt by chance remove email.apk from your system/app/ directory did you?
  4. alpha2k

Heh. yes I did, let me guess that app is associated with the camera app? if so that seems kinda dumb, but I can always move it back. I learned my lesson in removing stock apps, I copy them to my sd card in case I need them again.

@jjohnbubby5: just so I can have as a refresher course can you post a step by step here, I will save it to a safe place in case I need to refer back to it.
    I think your referring to the delverik cache or whatever it's called. I remember doing it on my samsung moment.
  5. alpha2k

I think I messed up good this time. I have the apk of the stock email and camera backed up on my sd card. I copied the apk file back over to the system app root folder system/app folder. I ran the apk like an install and hit yes to install, rebooted the phone and no camera or email at all. So did I mess up? am I doomed to a factory reset?

I noticed the apk files also have an odex file, am I spose to have that file as well, if so I think I'm doomed, as I never copied that file over, only the apk files.

I cleared the cache out via the recovery console I think it is.
    I tried installing and finally realized thier not installing LOL, says app not installed or something, basically it's not getting installed.

Woodstock, my appologies for not sifting more thru the forums. I found where it was said that the email.apk was needed for camera to work. That being said I could really use your assistance in useing adb. Keep in mind you may have to do step by step instuctions, but I am a work in progress and trying to learn.

I have adb installed but when I go to install the apk file I type in first adb devices to see if I am connected, and it finds the zte fine.
    After that I go to install and get the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>adb install email.apk
    2031 KB/s (0 bytes in 1949998.000s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/email.apk

I'm up for suggestions, and learning if you have the patience to help a newb out
    ROYALSM likes this.
  6. jgq85

jgq85 New Member

Google'd "android camera closes", this thread the first result for me.

I'm on an HTC One X
    Android 4.0.3
    HTC Sense 4.0

My camera (camera or video mode) would just close and minimize to homescreen, when I pushed the screen button to capture. I changed the quality from 8" M (3624 x 720)" to "1 M (1280 x 720)" and it works fine now.

Not a storage problem based on my current usage.
  7. xman95

xman95 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, GOOGLE brought you to the wrong place. :( This thread is part of the ZTE WARP. We have a different phone and software.

Try these threads: (still a part of Android Forums)

HTC One X/XL - Android Forums

HTC One X Plus - Android Forums

This is the root link for all phones:
    Android Phones - Android Forums
    alsaces daddy and LilBit like this.
  8. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor