Stock Camera App Wont OpenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, my X is rooted, running the original leaked 2.2. This morning, my stock camera app stopped working. I click on the app to open it, and it flashes a black screen for 1-2 seconds before returning to the home screen. It was working perfectly fine last night when I took 20+ pictures. The strange thing is that I have done absolutely nothing as far as messing with the phone. Not even a single app downloaded for the past 2 weeks (been busy on vacation!). The hardware is fine too, because I can take photos with Vignette. A battery pull and about 5 restarts has not solved the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is my only option to do a factory reset? Also, can I restore all my apps easily with titanium backup paid edition?

Advertisement
  2. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I fixed the problem finally. Just ignore this thread I guess.
    In case someone is wondering how I fixed it for future reference though... I was looking through my gallery and noticed that there was a photo that was corrupted and the image was completely black. As soon as I deleted it, everything was fixed.

3. andr0id23

andr0id23 Member

Hmmm glad I found this thread. I am having the same problem. It appeared that the problem was fixed when I loaded a ROM on my X, but just tonight it surfaced again. So frustrating as I use my camera lots. Anyway, I rebooted and my camera was working fine, but I saw this thread and when I looked in my gallery, I too had a wierd all black picture. I deleted it and have been testing only a few minutes, but I'm hoping this will take care of the problem. If it happens again I will check my gallery. Thank you for posting the solution! I hate when people say "I fixed it", then don't say how lol.

4. wpietri

wpietri New Member

I've been having this problem with a Droid X I bought earlier this week. The problem is the camera keeps taking bad photos. Rebooting seems to fix it for a while, but it keeps happening. Anybody know how to fix this?

So far I've had to reboot maybe 3x/day, and I haven't installed anything crazy or rooted the phone yet. Could I have a bad phone, or is this typical of 2.2 on the Droid X?

Thanks!

5. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

this happens randomly on my phone...
    sometimes the camera works, but switching to the video camera fails and takes me back to the home screen...other times the camera works but takes bad pictures (actually no picture is recorded), and still other times the camera won't launch, just flashes the screen then back to home screen...

in all cases a battery pull fixes it until it happens again, then another battery pull...the only problem is it seems to always happen when i want to take a fast picture and then the shot is gone, no time to reboot.

i think i may try a different camera app cuz it seems to be a software problem (imo)

6. wpietri

wpietri New Member

Ok, this is happening less for me, but I also still keep missing good photo and video opportunities. If anybody has a camera app they find more reliable, I'd love to hear about it.

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

this happens to me daily and it is really starting to piss me off. I am actually NOT ROOTED and running stock OS. This has been happening for a while. I really hope the next update fixes this. I'm really REALLY close to just rooting my phone.