• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Desire browser force closing.

Really odd one this. It closes if I type a capital A. Nothing else. All other letters are fine.

The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have factory reset, uninstalled everything, still the same. If I clear the cookies, cache, etc, and remove my homepage of google.co.uk, it seems fine. The T-Mobile default homepage works fine if I type a capital A. If I set Google.co.uk, and type a capital A, it force closes.

Hmm....and after a bit of digging....it only seems to do it on Google Mobile sites. Classic Google.com and .co.uk are fine. Google force loses, as does .com/m.

Anyone have the same issue, or know whats causing this? :thinking:

Yep, I use Advanced Task Killer. What's whitelisting?

Regardless, I have just uninstalled it, rebooted, went to Google.com, clicked in the text bar, typed a capital A, and it force closed. So it's not that then.

I did a factory reset, and it's still doing it. All my dl'd apps have been removed, still the same. GGRR!

Upvote 0
Very odd... I just tried typing a capital A in my browser and no issue.

Have no idea i'm afraid, and not something I have heard about before.
It only force closes after typing a capital A on google.com or .co.uk classic, or mobile. Can you try one of those?!

Failing formatting my SD card, I'm out of ideas. But I just factory reset and didn't apply my back up, and the problem was still there, so I'm not even sure that would make any difference. *shrug*

Upvote 0
It only force closes after typing a capital A on google.com or .co.uk classic, or mobile. Can you try one of those?!

Failing formatting my SD card, I'm out of ideas. But I just factory reset and didn't apply my back up, and the problem was still there, so I'm not even sure that would make any difference. *shrug*

Just tried typing capital A on both google.com .co.uk and the mobile version. Typed into both the URL bar and the search box... nothing happened. Sorry.

Send HTC support an e-mail. They normally respond within hours.

Reactions: Mitchell
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones