Stock email app problem...

Last Updated:

1. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use and prefer the stock email app, but currently have a small issue. When looking at the folders, it says there is one unread email in the trash folder. However, when you open the trash folder, there is nothing there (I regularly delete my emails from it). Any thoughts as to why this is happening and how to correct it? Has anyone else had this problem?

~Tony

Advertisement
  2. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Is the email accessible from the web based mail client?

3. anjoga

Yes, it is a road runner email address I'm using. I've accessed the webmail, and there is nothing there either. However, it still shows that there is one unread email in my trash on my phone.

4. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

If you long press the Trash folder when in the Folders view, you can then select mark all as read. While it may not correct the problem from occurring again, at least it will get rid of the annoying 1 unread message notification.

5. anjoga

I'm doing that, and all it says is open or refresh.

6. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot you were using the stock email app. The option is available on K-9 Mail. I guess you could remove the account and add it again... The stock Email is extremely limited to what you can do with it, so I don't what else you could do with it.

As far as the "false" message indications showing up, I am getting them as well on K-9, so the issue is not limited to the stock app.