• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock email app

davey_b

Nov 20, 2009
I know I can download K9 mail but I would like to use the stock email app and I have a strange thing going on. I have an HTC Hero running FroydVillian 1.7.1 and the stock email app allows me to move messages to folders. So for example I get an email and I read it and then I can select it and 4 buttons come up along the bottom, the last one is move and I can move it to whatever folder I like. This is all good.

The problem is my wife has an HTC HD2 that I put andorid on and I have an Advent Vega tablet with android on it. On both those devices the stock email app doesn't allow you to move messages to other folders despite being setup as IMAP accounts the same as on my phone. I looked at the app on my phone and it is version 2.2.1 while it is version 2.2 on my wife's phone and tablet. So I copied the apk over and installed 2.2.1 on my tablet. It's now showing as version 2.2.1 but still not allowing me to move messages...!!! Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Dave

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones