• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock email client lost emails

DynaBlue

Sep 14, 2010
I have been using the stock email client on my Captivate for the past three weeks without any real complaints but yesterday something odd happened and I wonder if anyone has suggestions/thoughts.

I grabbed the OTA update first day it was released, it installed without issue, and hadn't gotten any emails since then but the emails I had already received prior to the update were still in my inbox. Yesterday I went to show someone a file that I had forwarded to my phone and no emails were visible in the inbox. Within a few seconds the client crashed with a message to the effect that 'com.email.android' (IIRC) had failed. I restarted the client, my missing emails showed up for a moment, then I got the error message again. I power cycled the phone and the email program came up and worked but my previous emails were missing again.

I double checked my email settings (they were still set properly) and used the client last night, received several emails, sent a few and there were no issues (other than the missing emails). This morning I got the same error message again but no emails disappeared when I restarted the phone (power off/reboot). Has anyone else experienced this issue, especially since the update?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones