Stock email issuesSupport

Last Updated: 2014-01-19 01:29:39
  1. stewarta13wsb

stewarta13wsb Member

Hi there, I'm using the stock mail app on my Z1 and have four email addresses linked into it.
    Since the very start I have had issues with it getting 'confused' as to how many emails are actually there.
    Mail is handled either on my phone or via windows live mail on my windows 7 desktop.
    All accounts are set to Pop3 rather then IMAP so I don't delete anything until I'm done with it for sure on either device. (Some mail is kept in other folders on my PC but not on my phone)
    At the moment my phone shows 2 in one address and 1 in another but there is no mail. In the past, the only way to clear this is to delete the account and start again - it's a pain.
    The notification on the home screen also shows thew total including these 'ghost emails'
    Any thoughts much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

POP3 is designed for a single client to access the account. If more than one client is used, that's what IMAP is for. You're using the wrong protocol.
  3. stewarta13wsb

stewarta13wsb Member

I'd go for that were it not for the fact that my last 5 HTC's all worked fine with the same system and the same accounts?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I've seen a few people who have issues with the stock email app. I just use gmail myself, so can't really comment.

You might try an alternative, something like K9 for example?
  5. psyxologos

psyxologos Well-Known Member

Yes, I had the same issues with the OP and K9 solved them for me...