Stock email won't load text after ICS upgradeSupport

1. avilner

avilner New Member

My Motorola Droid 4 (Verizon) received the ICS upgrade.

I noticed that some of the emails I get - I only get the headers, but not the text. This happens for two IMAP accounts (both are google - different domains).

I tried force-stopping the email app, clearing cache, and re-adding accounts back. Some emails come in with text, some remain as just headers. K9 shows full message text for all.

It was working fine pre-ICS. I just like having two email widgets side by side (for the two accounts I use).

Anyone has seen this issue? Any resolution?
    I have not talked to Verizon, since, I am guessing, it is not a VZW issue...

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, avilner. :)
    Could be a software update related bug and a factory data reset usually resolves these bugs.
    You could try clearing the data for the app and if that doesn't help do the factory reset.
  3. avilner

avilner New Member

A factory reset requires re-installing all the apps, updating all configurations - it is a painful process. Granted, if it is the solution, I do not mind doing it. However, to me it is akin re-installing Windows if Outlook is not working. A bit of an overkill ;)

Any other suggestions - I do not even mind other apps, if they allowed for a simple: have two mailboxes visible side by side on the same home screen (and work, of course)

Thank you!
  4. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Have you tried the Yahoo email app?
  5. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

The stock email app has some real issues after the ICS update... particularly for Pop accounts. K-9 email rocks. Its free and supports multiple mailboxes. Neall
  6. avilner

avilner New Member

I bit the bullet and did the factory reset of the phone. Reconfigured the email accounts from scratch. It worked for 2 days. Then the issue came back - email header shows up fine, but no email text.

Stock app which worked flawlessly before the upgrade for both email accounts...

Any other suggestions? I am thinking about returning the phone to Verizon since it no longer works for me... had it for 6 months...