Stock Epic HeadsetsTips

Last Updated:

1. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey, i used it a couple times and it's pretty good for stock headsets. also, if others have tried it during phone calls, provide some tips.

1) press the button on other side of the mic will bring up the call log and redial last number.

Advertisement
    Dimevivo likes this.
  2. Bobbi_lyn

Bobbi_lyn New Member

Love the Stock headphones!!! I got two sets in with my phone and asked my 17 yr old if he wanted the second pair and he said no those suck. I told him to give them a try they sound really good so he plugged them in and was amazed.

3. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the stock headphones are fantastic... better than ipod headphones by far.

4. HanMan5000

HanMan5000 Member

I agree, these headphones are AMAZING. I love them, they are exactly what I look for in headphones.

Quality is great.

5. Matty Mo

Matty Mo Well-Known Member

I really enjoy my headphones, when i went to return my first epic due to problems i kept the ones that came with it and got the new ones with my replacement phone. as well as another charger as well....

6. Droid_Rage

Droid_Rage Active Member

I love the headset because I stream Pandora all day at work. I can talk on my phone discreetly as my co-workers probably think I'm just talking/singing to myself. My wife calls the most and she's never complained about not being able to hear me, so I'd say the overall quality of the headset is GREAT both for music, and for making calls.

7. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

I lov 'em too; I don't even use my stereo bluetooth phones ever!..

8. fzdbz007

fzdbz007 Member

anyone know where i can get more of these headphones (or similar) just in case i lose mine :p

9. Matty Mo

I am pretty sure i saw some people selling them on ebay. just type in samsung epic oem and see what shows up!!!

10. futureprospect

futureprospect Active Member

i tried buying a set a month ago (because i broke mine), but they are difficult to find. And if you do, i think new they're like $40. For that price, you can get better headphones (with a mic).

But yeah, they were a good pair of STOCK headsets.

11. Enny

Enny New Member

Ok... Did I get a different set because the head phones my epic came with are the most abysmal sounding things my poor ears have ever had too endure. The Sony pair I bought for $9 sound like a Bose set compared to those..

12. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

They are AWESOME. I love being able to turn my music volume all the way up and not bother other people in a car, and people in a car not being able to bother me because i can't hear them!

This is my first pair of "ear bud" style headphones, and I'm hooked!!

13. Matty Mo

go to ebay and search for samsung epic oem and scroll through the pages, i have found headphones from 5-20 dollars depending on how many you want...

14. wingit

wingit New Member

I wear hearing aids can anyone recommend an on the ear headphone?
    The ear buds don't work for me due to my hearing aids.

15. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

I too like the stock headset. The only problem I've found is that plugging in the headset or hooking up to bluetooth doesn't mute the built-in speaker for notifications and rings. Had the same problem with my moment. I'm hoping when 2.2 comes out it will include "real" voice dialing i.e. push the button on the headset (wire or BT) and it activates voice command.

16. o0Syn

o0Syn Well-Known Member

I thought the stocks were ok but definitely lacked in the bass department. The best small headphones I have ever used for sound quality without handing out major cash are these Sony Slim Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR W08L) I have been using them for years and the only stuff that compares are the huge studio style headphones. I found mine for $9.99 at Walgreen's but lots of places sell them online.

[​IMG]

I listen to bassdrive.com a lot using A Onlnine Radio :D
    In my opinion they blow the stock ones out of the water. If your looking for something better give em a try you will not be disappointed.

17. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

I'm also surprised how good the stock headphones sound. I found that if you experiment with the three different sizes of ear buds that came with the headphones, and get the right fit, they sound even better. For me, the larger ones really helped improve the bass. The tighter fit, allows for better bass reinforcement.

18. bobolicious

bobolicious New Member

is it me or do the stock headsets not fit in your ear. mabye i have big ears lol even tho i am small in size. i have to use them without any of the clear tips for them and poke the black part inside my ear hole, otherwise they slide out, even the small tips.

19. gooberman

gooberman Well-Known Member

I love mine. They fit my ear perfectly. I work in a loud environment and they help with the noise as I listen to Pandora.

20. TheInfinaire

TheInfinaire New Member

AGREED. When I first put them in my ear I was like how in the hell do they fit? But I squeezed them in and the bass is definitely enhanced. Listening to DeadMau5 right now and its BUMPIN' lol

I've had my phone for over a month and totally cast these headphones to the side thinking they were crap. Only until today that I read this thread and decided to break them back out.

And to think I was going to get another pair of iPod Headphones... SMH....

21. jimweda

jimweda Well-Known Member

I do have to admit as many of you have already done so. For stock, these are really good wired headsets. What upsets me is that I've gone through 5 exchange phones on the Epic 4g failure and I could have kept all the headsets and at least 4 of the 16GB SD cards. Normally I wouldn't even be thinking that way but the way Sprint has treated me or should I say basically just kept passing me off it would have at least made it somewhat worth the trouble.

My phone still isn't working as it should be which in all fairness should be at least lets say 70% of the time. I spend over half of the battery just trying to get everything back in working order. If I ever have to shut the phone off for any reason it makes me want to throw the phone off a high cliff. I finally gave up and found this place and researching what others have done, outside of rooting my phone I've been able to get it to the 70% mark which has just been in the last day or so.

It's very disappointing how Samsung and Sprint have just decided to not give their customers much thought anymore. It's as if they're planning on closing their doors and don't care. I recently saw some numbers on what the exec's get and the negative numbers associated with helping the customers and it was shocking.

Okay, I've strayed and I apologize. But I'm ranting all over the place because this is the second time I've allowed both companies to give me the screws. Thanks for listening and please, don't beat me up too much. I'm a new Android/Smartphone inductee.

Jim